I admit it, I have tried a drug or two in my life, prescription drugs that is. Of all the drugs I have used those up there are by far the worst EVER! Prednisone is a steroid that helps with inflammation and my wrists were hurting so bad and preventing me from doing my daily activities that I gave in and started taking them. It is only temporary though, so that is good. While these drugs are helping me now I can hardly handle the side effects of them. When I started my dose I was taking 40 mg a day, today I am down to 10 mg a day. At the peak you did not want to be anywhere near me. Things that would normally irritate me would now throw me into a rage. As hard as I tried to control the outbursts the meaner I seemed to be. My poor kids, mom and husband had to endure a lot for a few days there. For about 5 nights I would go to bed and before falling asleep I would apologize to Allen for being such a monster. We both knew it was from the prednisone. It usually makes me super hungry and I never feel like I am filled up, but I have surprisingly been pretty good with the eating, until today. I have been trying to make more meals but today the kids and I went out for McDonald's and then for dinner we ordered a pizza. Ugh. 3 more days of 10 mg, then 5 days at 5 mg. and then I will be done. If you want confrontation speak now or forever hold your tongue, well, at least until I have to take these suckers again. Oh, another thing, it makes it very difficult for me to sleep at normal hours. It is 1:38 a.m. and I am wide awake! The first time I had to take prednisone was when Carson was about 6 months old and I found a picture of me while I was on it. Yikes! I looked much worse back then and what sucks is that I was losing all my pregnancy weight and then BAM, it all came back plus some. Story of my adult life I tell ya. Ellie and I have kicked up our turbo jam workouts and that's the only reason I can think of as to why I have not gained 20 pounds. On a positive note, I feel great otherwise! This is going to be the summer of Missy!Tuesday, June 07, 2011
Drugs
I admit it, I have tried a drug or two in my life, prescription drugs that is. Of all the drugs I have used those up there are by far the worst EVER! Prednisone is a steroid that helps with inflammation and my wrists were hurting so bad and preventing me from doing my daily activities that I gave in and started taking them. It is only temporary though, so that is good. While these drugs are helping me now I can hardly handle the side effects of them. When I started my dose I was taking 40 mg a day, today I am down to 10 mg a day. At the peak you did not want to be anywhere near me. Things that would normally irritate me would now throw me into a rage. As hard as I tried to control the outbursts the meaner I seemed to be. My poor kids, mom and husband had to endure a lot for a few days there. For about 5 nights I would go to bed and before falling asleep I would apologize to Allen for being such a monster. We both knew it was from the prednisone. It usually makes me super hungry and I never feel like I am filled up, but I have surprisingly been pretty good with the eating, until today. I have been trying to make more meals but today the kids and I went out for McDonald's and then for dinner we ordered a pizza. Ugh. 3 more days of 10 mg, then 5 days at 5 mg. and then I will be done. If you want confrontation speak now or forever hold your tongue, well, at least until I have to take these suckers again. Oh, another thing, it makes it very difficult for me to sleep at normal hours. It is 1:38 a.m. and I am wide awake! The first time I had to take prednisone was when Carson was about 6 months old and I found a picture of me while I was on it. Yikes! I looked much worse back then and what sucks is that I was losing all my pregnancy weight and then BAM, it all came back plus some. Story of my adult life I tell ya. Ellie and I have kicked up our turbo jam workouts and that's the only reason I can think of as to why I have not gained 20 pounds. On a positive note, I feel great otherwise! This is going to be the summer of Missy!Posted by Missy at 12:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Maybe that's why Mike has road rage...lol. He's only on 5mg though...for life.
Post a Comment