Saturday, June 04, 2011

Lesson learned...I hope.

Thursday our van was in getting worked on, so I walked over to get the kids from school. I was walking about 5 feet in front of Carson when I heard a thump, thump, thump, thump behind me. I turned around and saw Carson holding a pencil, lead side out, and running it along the fence. What the heck?! He had drawn a line across a whole white fence. I was furious. His reasoning for doing it...I have seen other kids do it. We had a long talk about de-facing property and being responsible for our actions and making good choices. It was a great talk.

We also talked about consequences for our actions and we went back and did our best to clean it up. Well, he had to clean it up. I just watched and smiled, oh, and took pictures.



  • Let's hope he never does this again.

5 comments:

Bel said...

Carson is such a good kid, he meant no harm but now he knows. Great job for making him go back to clean it, lol! I bet he won't be doing it again ;) It's sad that kids these days fail to respect things, you can only hope other parents would do the same.

Heather Jones said...

Way to go missy I bet he will never do it again.

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

OMHeck!!!Don't you just hate it when your kids have to learn a lesson the hard way!!! Sucks to have a cop for a dad, to. Allen probably wouldn't have loved the idea of grafitti, lol!

The Johnson Family said...

Mom of the Month Award, for sure! I'm so happy that you had him clean it up and told him about de-facing property. You are awesome! Now, if only the parents of those "other kids" knew what their children had been doing. Carson is a good kid (and he has his parents to thank for it!).

Bellblogging said...

Ha Ha! What a good leasson to learn and I think the damage was probably not to bad :-)