I am sure I have mentioned this before, but Ellie was not suppose to be a part of our family, at first anyways. Six months after Carson was born my Nephrologist told me that if I had another baby then I wouldn't be around to raise them. After having two OBGYN's refuse to take me as a patient we found Dr. Draper. He monitored me and the baby, whose name was Claire up until the week before she was born. A few weeks before she was born I was admitted to U of U hospital where I stayed for a few days to be monitored and we also had to give Ellie/Claire a shot to help her lungs develop quickly since we thought she would be coming any day. Let me just tell you that the shot worked, we have the loudest child in the neighborhood. Ellie was born when I was 35 weeks along. She was so stubborn that she made me endure 31 hours of labor before she popped out. Ellie was born not breathing, but once they gave her oxygen she was fine. Before I was able to hold her they whisked her away to the nursery where they kept her for hours. I had no idea what was going on and was really freaked out. Allen had taken off with Ellie and had forgotten about me. Finally a nurse called the nursery and found out that Ellie's temp. had dropped and they had her under lights and close watch. Thanks for the updates.
Our little family.
Ellie at two years old. She loved babies at this age.
Ellie at 4 years old.
At 6 years old.
and today at 7 years old. We love this little girl so much and she is such a good girl and always does what we ask her to do. She is always trying to please others and loves to follow and do whatever her momma is doing. I love having a little shadow and I see a lot of things in her that remind me of myself when I was her age. She is so smart and has started doing 2nd grade math at school and she reads like a maniac. She finishes chapter books like you wouldn't believe.
5 comments:
Oh my word, that's a scary story. Glad everything worked out for you guys :) She is a funny gal!
Happy Birthday Ellie!! Wow that birthing story sure sounds stressful and scary but I am so glad in the end all worked out and now you have a happy & healthy 7 year old. A sassy one, haha! I love all the pictures of her growing up, too cute!
That's my niece! She is so cute. I forgot how little she was, and Carson looks tiny too. Love you.
So glad that Ellie joined your family anyway! She is such a sweet heart. Happy birthday! Too bad our babies didn't end up sharing a b-day after all.
Happy birthday ellie!Sorry we were gone when she called to play with kens. We are excited for the party though and I wish ken's would read maybe ellie can teach her hehe!
Post a Comment