
We are so proud of this girl. Back in January at the Parent-Teacher conferences her literacy teacher gave us a paper with her reading level on it. By the end of the year the first graders should be reading 40 words per minute. As of January, Ellie is reading 87 words per minute! She loves to read and stays up way past her bed time reading. Carson has been reading a lot lately too. Thursday's are library day and Carson will stay in the car reading long after we get home. Today after we got home from school he stayed in the car. After about 30 minutes I started looking for him, is he still in the van? So I look outside and he isn't sitting in the front seat. I start calling all over inside and then I start freaking out. I ran outside and opened the side door and he had moved to the floor and was laying on his stomach reading. He ended up staying out there for about an hour and only came in because he heard thunder. I am so glad they both have a love for reading, just like daddy. Allen always has a book he is working on.
2 comments:
Way to go Ellie, thats awesome!! Joe is such a book worm he usually reads 2 books in the plan when he travels. I really hope my kiddos get his love for reading from him as well. So funny Carson stayed reading in the car for so long, glad you checked the floor otherwise you would have been going around the whole neighborhood before you found him :) Scary!
That is great! I remember Allen always bringing a book to family events. haha. Love you.
Post a Comment