Monday, February 21, 2011

Check out the gun show!

My first shooting experience. It took me a while to finally give in and go shooting with Allen, hey, it only took 10 years of marriage. We went to a range in Kearns that had 4 lanes of shooting, but luckily one wasn't be used. It was so loud!!! Even with the ear things on I jumped every time someone shot.
I have to admit that I rock! At 15 feet all my shots were right in the chest. Look out bad guys, don't even think about breaking into our house. At 21 feet I was a little lower (around the gut), but I am totally a natural shooter. :)
Allen got a little bored with the huge man target so he shot the tiny man in the corner. Show off. If we ever catch a leprechaun in our house they are in serious trouble.

My shots! I told you I am good. All the center shots are from 15 feet away and the lower ones, in the 9 oval, are from 21 feet away.
When we first got to the range I was shaking like crazy. I really hate guns, but Allen says that the more familiar you get with guns the less scary they are.

4 comments:

Ute Family said...

Jake's been trying to get me to go shooting with him forever as well! Glad you finally went...I still haven't! And look at you doing so well! That's awesome!

The Johnson Family said...

Good job! I love going shooting with Aaron, but he only has a .22. Its still fun to shoot though. I feel bad for the idiot that decides to break into your house (even with a cop car parked in front) :)

Bel said...

WOW! Way to go you totally are a natural shooting that well your first time. I need to go but Iam scared, I probably wont even hit the paper once, haha!

The Barker Family said...

totally impressed miss!