I have managed to stay out of the hospital today but I am still having a hard time taking some of my meds. I am still cramping like crazy, so Dr. Trowbridge called me in some Lortab, hopefully that will help. My blood work finally came back and my white blood count is high, they also did another test that shows I have an infection. Surprise surprise. I go in next Friday for another colonoscopy. That is 3 in 2 months. I should get a punch pass because I am pretty sure that this one should be a freebie. I finished my antibiotics for the c. diff today and I am slowly coming off of the prednisone, but that will be another month before I am completely off of it. The last few days I have spent in bed all day long and I feel like a slug. Thank goodness for the internet I have been doing some research. I hate not knowing what is going on or not having a name for it. I went to webmd and found something called diverticulosis. Diverticulosis is a condition that develops when pouches (diverticula ) form in the wall of the colon (large intestine ). These pouches may be up to 0.25in or larger in diameter. It says that it is similar to Irritable bowel syndrome. This is not a for sure diagnosis, just my 2 cents. Hopefully by my next colonoscopy my colon will be rid of all the yellowish-green substance and they will be able to see what the underlying problem is. I am so ready to feel better and have my energy back.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Good luck, keep us posted!!
Missy, thanks for keeping us updated on your status. I don't always comment, but I've been reading all of your updates and have been praying they get things figured out. You are one tough cookie! Hang in there!
Hi Missy! I feel the same way as Erin... I always check to see how you are doing- but don't always comment. I hope you start feeling better. We need to find you a real life dr. House (except nicer and doesn't almost kill you before he figures things out). It drives me crazy that they can't tell you exactly what is going on and come up with a way to fix it. You would think 10 years of schooling would be able to provide you with some kind of answer! Hang in there! We are all praying for you!
O.k. you made me laugh out loud when you said you should get a punch pass!! I really hope you can get better soon also!!
So sorry you're still not feeling well, Missy! Hopefully you can get some good news soon.
Post a Comment