Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 Day 21

I went in for my angiogram this morning and everything looks good. It was a little wierd because they go in your groin and then they shoot dye through your veins and it lights up and shows where the blood is traveling and checks to make sure it isn't leaking anywhere. The doctor said he didn't see anything out of the norm. The only problem with the procedure was that when they are finishing up they put some sort of stopper in where they put the hole in your groin, but it didn't work on me...are we surprised yet? So, instead of getting the stopper in they had to apply pressure for a while to make sure the bleeding didn't come out all over. I did have to lay still and on my back for the next 4 hours afterwards and I was freaking out about if I had to go to the bathroom. They said I would just use a bed pan. Have you ever used a bed pan? I have yet to make anything into the bed pan. Luckily I was able to wait the entire 4 hours without going. That is a huge accomplishment to go that long when you have a angry colon. Hours later I feel a little tenderness when I move and walk around, but I think (hope) that is normal. While I was recuperating I starting drinking the Boost drinks, they are suppose to have a ton of nutrients and since I haven't been having too much success with real food it makes me feel a little better to have some good stuff pumping through me. Around 5:30 I ordered some peaches and another boost. I made sure I ate it very very slowly and it went down all right. Around 7:00 p.m. I got daring again and ordered more peaches and chicken noodle soup and it all went down alright. I never thought I would get excited about such small things. I didn't have to go running to the bathroom right away either, which is a good sign. Around 10:00 p.m. I was starving again, but the room service was already closed but the nurse was able to get me a turkey sandwich. She brought it in and I thought, I will just pick the turkey off and eat it because I didn't think I could handle the bread yet. I went wild with it, it had a tomato in it and I couldn't resist putting it on the sandwich with a little mayo and mustard. It was delicious I haven't had a tomato since I got here, the seeds aren't suppose to be good for an inflamed colon. I made sure I ate it very slowly and I had no problems with it. How exciting.
Last night I went to the bathroom 3 times and they appeared to be a little darker than the bright red I have been having, so I got a little excited and called Allen and both my parents and my grandma...I was so excited. Sadly I get excited over my poopies. After the angiogram the blood came back! My blood levels had dropped another point since the day before, but Dr. Weasel, I mean Pearl, said he wasn't concerned until I hit 20. I am happy about that decision because I really don't want to get a blood transfusion. I just pray that Aunt Flo doesn't visit me anytime soon. I think that is all the news for today. I don't imagine anything exciting will happen later today, just more waiting and seeing what the body decides to do. I am really shooting to be out of here in time for Carson's next baseball game on Friday. My nurse tonight came in and said that Dr. Pearl seems to think I will be out of here in the next day or two, but he also wanted to discharge me when I was on a full liquid diet and going to the bathroom 10 times a day. Here's praying that today will be a more "eventful" day. (in the bathroom anyways) Loves and Hugs to you all.
Missy
My theory is that since I have Lupus, which slows down the healing and the immune system, my body is just taking its sweet time healing. I told that to one of my GI doctors and my "on call surgeon" who were both in at the same time yesterday. After that I said,"That's just my theory, but I am not a doctor, but I am losing my patients." They got a laugh out of that. One of my dads lines that he picked up from Popeye.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You without have reservations arrange a smartness all your own when it comes to creating these sharp blog posts.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]