I had an echo done on my heart this morning and everything came back fine. I was suppose to have an angiogram, but it was put off until tomorrow, but I fasted all day long. At 5:30 p.m. they called and said that it would be tomorrow instead. So I had some cottage cheese and peaches and then took some meds that did not go well. Instead going straight through everything came back up.
I have been bleeding since last Tuesday and my blood levels are starting to drop. My GI doctor order me 2 units of blood, but I am a little weary. We are going to wait until tomorrow and check my blood count again. The ideal blood level is 25 or more and I am currently at 24.3, so not terribly low, but starting to become worrisome. Today was the first day in a week that I really felt sluggish and weak. Nothing compared to the first week, but after having a wonderful feeling week it was a little disappointing.
I have requested that my main doctor be a GI doctor, which I think it should have been to begin with. The doctor that admitted me was the doctor on call in the ICU and he is a pulmonary doctor. We have not been impressed with him. My nurse called him today and told him my concerns and he came in to talk to me about it. I felt like a child being sent to the Principal's office. He wasn't very helpful, but said if my GI doctors would be able to admit me he was fine with that. I told him that if they were able to work together instead of battle back and forth about my care then I would be fine with him as my main doctor and them as consulting them. The GI doctors will call and they come in and check on me everyday and stay until all my questions are answered. They give their recommendations to Dr. Pearl and Dr. Pearl usually does something completely different. When he came in to talk to me tonight I told him that I wanted to get out of here and needed them to work and talk to each other. Dr. Pearl is a weasel. I hope no one knows him...sorry if you do. I am just frustrated and want to go home. I am down at least 28 pounds since being here, one positive thing. Luckily I had some weight to lose. Until tomorrow.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Bummer day
Posted by Missy at 10:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yeah for a good report of your heart! Good for you for sticking up for yourself to the DR. I am so proud of you! If you don't - who will? I hope you get out soon! I will keep praying!
Oh yes I know Dr. Pearl, he is a weasel and an old fart! Pulmonary docs are all the same super upper inflated! I hope you get to go home soon.
Thinking about and praying for you! Hope there is good news to come. Wish we could do something for you. We will be in SL on Sat. Would love to see you. Are you ok with visitors? If not, that's fine, but know that we are thinking about you and praying for you!!!
Well the rest of us outside of the hospital will make up for the 28 pound loss you have had! You are in my prayers every night!
Thanks for keeping us all posted. I can't imagine all that you're going through! Ada misses you and prays for you a lot. We sure hope you get to come home soon!
Good for standing up for yourself.. stupid doctors.. We are praying for you. Did you get my email? Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment