Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Momma Debbie

I am finding that blogging is very helpful for me, so here I am blogging again. One of the reasons I feel that I am doing so well is that my mom has really been there to take over for me. I know that my children are taken care of and they are being loved the way that I would be loving them and just knowing that takes a ton of weight off my mind. My mom is a fun grandma and especially since she has lost so much weight she does pretty well keeping up with the kids. I couldn't ask for a better mom who has really put her life on hold to help us so much. Today she took the kids and bought them each a skateboard, now I haven't talked to her about that yet today, but Allen has told me this. She knows that Allen and I are a little hesitant about skateboards, the only time I have broken a bone is when I was little and ran over my finger on my skateboard. So, my mom tells the kids, you can't ride these until we talk to daddy about them, but I use to ride a skateboard and I will show you how to do it...can you see where this is going? Mom jumps on the board and falls right over and lands hard on her arm/wrist. She gets up and I am sure was trying to shake it off to not let the kids know how horrible it felt. She called Allen but he was in a meeting and didn't get to return her call until about 30 mins. later. While she waited she did some laundry...what the heck? She is a dynamo! So, Allen races home and mom drives herself to the Granger Medical clinic where they tell her that she has fractured her wrist and may need surgery. Good thing my friend Heather is taking over tomorrow. Just another reason for me to get out of her. I love my mom. My dad met her at the clinic and then afterwards she drove herself home. Her tolerance to pain is very high.

3 comments:

Heather said...

What the??? I'm so sorry for your mom, but I seriously couldn't help but laugh out loud when I read this. I can so see your mom buying the skateboards and getting the kids all geared up for it. She is the best ever! I wish her a quick recovery. I just tried to call to make sure everything was still a go for tomorrow. I'll plan on it for sure! Do I need to take the kids to Allen (has he had a nervous breakdown yet between you and your mom??) or will he come and get them here when he's off work? Just let me know!

The Zouns said...

Your Mom is the best, I miss her. This new laptop has turned you into a great blogger.

Joey and Nettifer said...

oh my heck! Your poor mom! Tell her I am so sorry and that she recovers really soon. What an awesome grandma!