Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Just my luck

I have gone to so many different doctors and have told them that I am tired all day long. Their response has always been that I have lupus and pretty much, what do you expect? I kept telling them over and over again that something isn't right and that I can't be this tired all the time. I finally found a doctor that did testing on me to determine if there was anything else going on. Sure enough there was something else wrong. She initially sent me home with a little test to find out how much oxygen I was getting during the night to make sure I didn't have sleep apnea. Her nurse called me on Thursday of last week and told me that she had gotten me an appointment to see a sleep specialist the following Monday, wow, that was fast. She didn't give me much details besides that there was a good possibility that I had sleep apnea. Today I went in to meet Cynthia Boulton who is the sleep doctor. She told me that the normal person stops breathing about 5 times or less an hour. She pulled up my chart and told me that I stop breathing about 36 times an hour. She asked me if I ever wake up during the night and I told her that I got up about 3 times a night, but I thought I was waking up to go to the bathroom. She said that I probably wake up quite a few times a night but I don't remember it. I only remember the times that I actually get out of bed and walk around. Allen has never mentioned anything about me snoring, but he is quite a deep sleeper. During the day if the kids and I are watching a show or a movie and I start to doze off the kids will wake me up and tell me that I am snoring. I go back in on August 17th for an overnight test. I have to sleep there and they hook me up to all these wires to monitor me more. I should get a great night sleep with all that hooked on me. I will need to use one of those big sexy oxygen masks at night now. Cyndi said that it should help with my energy levels and my overall health. Here's to great doctors that listen to their patients.

5 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

yeaf for figuring it out and sticking to it. my dad has it pretty bad now sleeps with a machine and has energy now!

Draper's said...

Missy,
That is so crazy. You poor thing. I hope the oxygen helps. You are amazing!! See you at the parade!!

Miles and Bex said...

I am glad someone figured it out! My Dad was diagnosed with sleep apnea and uses a machine (we call it the snore nue nue)and he loves it! So hopefully you will love it too!

Tara G. said...

Holy cow, that stinks! At least you can have more energy if this is what it really is. I'm so sorry!!! Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Heather Jones said...

O.k. so I had some serious catching up to do on your blog! I bet you look hot in your mask!!! Hopefully you will feel a little better if it works! I think one of your parachutes landed in our yard cause we had one the next morning! My girls love your dog and want one now. I told them no way and they can visit yours so they may be down to see it!