Wednesday, July 08, 2009

4th of July Festivities

Ellie and Brody- We have a tradition of shooting off parachutes and catching them. This year we had a few neighbors over for a BBQ and the parachute contest. Carson, of course, caught the most.
We were glad that daddy was able to hang out with us this year. The last two years he has been in charge of putting together the Centerville festivities which include a huge show on the 3rd where he doesn't get home until super late and then going back to work extremely early the next morning to get the parade going. This year he was able to get a little nap in before the BBQ so he wasn't a zombie.

Our little firecracker! Allen kept the kids busy by having them line up the fireworks biggest to smallest, once they finished that I suggested they alphabetize them, but they didn't think that was a good idea.


I had to point out to my mom that these cupcakes were made to look like the flag.



I got this fun new game (fun for me because I don't have to wear the hat) where you throw balls at the hat and whatever number it lands on is how many points you get. Allen was a good sport to let us chuck balls at his head.





0 comments: