Saturday, November 08, 2008

In Memory

Our hearts are heavy today as we found out that a hero has fallen. A North Salt Lake Police Officer, Charles Skinner, was en route to assist in a chase when he lost control of his vehicle on Highway 89. After several surgeries on his head his family and doctors decided to let him go. He leaves behind a wife and 4 week old twins. I always hear of Police Officers dying and it hurts, but Allen knew this officer and it is way to real for me. I went to Michael's tonight and saw 2 Woods Cross Officers pulled over on the side of the road and started crying. I have never been fond of Allen's occupation, and that is putting it nicely. This just causes more anxiety. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Skinner family.

4 comments:

Bel said...

Oh no so sad... Stories like that make me appreciate our time here on earth more. It makes me so sad for his little twins :(

Erin said...

I've thanked Brad for choosing firefighting over police work, I don't know how policeman's wives do it. This story just makes me so sad.

Bobbie said...

wow that is so sad. It hurts so much more when you know them. we will keep them in our prayers. tell al to be careful.

trina said...

It is so sad! It really hit me because their little family was introduced in church that day (he ended up in the accident that night). It is such a reminder that life is fragile.

I would love to be invited to read your blog when you go private! My e-mail is trina.vanausdal@slcc.edu