Sunday, August 24, 2008

1st Day of First Grade

Carson's First day of school was on Thursday, August 21st, 2008. His teacher is Mrs. Rooney. He was pretty nervous about going but was brave once we got there. He was really nervous about the whole lunch thing. Mrs. Rooney said that they were going to practice ahead of time. He did school lunch last week, but told me that he wanted to bring his own lunch from now on. He told me we could probably save a lot of money that way (is he Allen's son or what!). I start panicking when I go to pick him up after school. It is total chaos! Parents everywhere and cars trying to pack where ever they can. They need to figure out a better system. If it wasn't so blasted hot I would just walk over and get him. I think I will settle down a little when we figure out a good spot to pick him up at and when he is in 6th grade. He still looks so small compared to those big 6th graders. He does think it is pretty cool to have older friends to look after him, mostly neighbor kids.


16 comments:

Erin said...

Can he get any cuter?!?! I can't believe you have a kindergartener. Before I know it Bryson will be there.

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

What a handsome little guy...how fun for him.

Ute Family said...

I can't believe it's already school time again. Trying to save money...how cute!
It was fun chatting today. It seems like forever since I've talked to you.
Good luck starting school in Sept! I hope it all goes well for you :)

nathansara said...

He looks so cute. WOW! first grade. Aimee starts tomorrow. I know that she is ready to go back, but it has been fun to have her home this summer. I know what you mean about the cars and all the chaos. we had to deal with that last year. if you have any ideas please share them.

PhillipsFam said...

Lee and I are laughing right now about your last comment on my blog! we both had forgotten about that - pretty funny! Morgan starts all day kindergarden and I am the one freaking out about lunch! she thinks it's cool!

Kristi said...

Isn't first grade fun? Brayden is loving it!! Carson looks darling!

Tara G. said...

He is such a little stud! Cannot believe he's in 1st grade, kinda makes me sad. We got Ellie's card in the mail today! Way cute :)

Heather Jones said...

He is so cute and thoughtful to think of saving money Kylie would never care. It was so fun to have you come play with us the other night. Ken's keeps asking to play with Ellie ever since. Maybe now that the older ones are gone all day we will have to get them together more!!

Bellblogging said...

All grown up! Haven't talked to you in awhile...hope you guys are doing good!

Staci said...

oh my gosh...adam had mrs. rooney and she is the best teahcer EVER! i love her so much. seriously, such a great teacher. adam loved her too. tell her i say hello and that we miss her soooooooo much. education in nevada is just not what it is in utah. i am so appreciative of her efforts. you'll love her too!

Miles and Bex said...

First grade... Taegs informed today that she is playing chase the boys are recess. I just hope she doesn't forget her first love. Carson is definetly cute. Just think about their kids, blond hair, blue eyes and really dark skin.

Anonymous said...

I so can't can't wait until Addy is in school ALL day! Lucky you!! ...and fun for him too! He is a mini Allen!-what a cutie!

Bel said...

What a mature boy worrying about the financial aspects of life at such a young age, very impressive, haha!

NIXON STUFF said...

Missy & Allen, HOW are you? Good to come across your blog. CUTE FAMILY. Looks like you are doing well. Keep in touch.
Emilie Thomas Nixon
Marcus Nixon

Draper's said...

Yea for 1st grade!! Carson is so cute. I haven't seen you forever, How are you?? Hopefully I will see you soon.

Mindy said...

Carson is getting so big! So cute.