Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Ellie Elephant

This girl of ours has such a big imagination. About two weeks ago she spotted her blessing dress in her closet and assumed it was her wedding dress. Ever since we have been putting together a pretend wedding for her. I asked her who she was going to marry and she told me Quincy Elephant. We met my parents at the mall last week and the kids love going to the dollar store there. My dad gave them each a dollar and Ellie found these little bouquet of flowers that were 3 for $1.00, so she bought 2 and told me that she got to carry one and I got to carry one because I was going to be the flower girl. Then we had to get snacks for the guests, so she picked out candy corn. One night I was beckoned to the backyard for the big event. I had my jammies on, but she didn't mind. She had a few neighbors out back waiting for her. Sydney, Brody, Brady, Carson and Peyton and a few mom's and dad's. Allen was in charge of taking pictures. My mom was pretty upset she didn't make it, but Ellie reassured her that she will getting married again next week.


7 comments:

Tara G. said...

I'm so glad you put this on your blog, otherwise I wouldn't have known that my niece got married! She is so funny. I love the unique name she came up with for her groom.

Veronica said...

That is too funny! Don't you love teh stuff they come up with?

Ute Family said...

That is hilarious. How does it feel knowing that your daughter's name is now Ellie Elephant. It had a nice ring!

Erin said...

I hope your new son in law takes care of your little girl, if not it sounds like she can do things for herself.

trina said...

That is hilarious! Is the groom the same in each wedding? She looks so cute in her first day of school picture. I love her hair cut. It looks so cute on her.

sweet pickles said...

That is one of the cutest things ever!

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

Ellie Ellie Ellie... A princess through and through...... I am in love with your daughter