Friday, June 20, 2008

8 Years! Wow!

So, our 8th Anniversary was actually on Sunday, June 15th, but we haven't had a lot of spare time to write. Allen has been working graves, so our life has been pretty strange lately. Our friends had a 2-night stay at the Red Lion downtown, but couldn't use it, so we gladly took it. Allen was able to go in late on Friday, so we went to the Olive Garden for dinner and then back to the hotel. We lounged and watched t.v. (uninturpted) and I scrapbooked! It was so nice! Allen had to go to work at midnight, so I got the room all to myself. It was a little lonely, but the next day would make up for it.
Saturday morning Allen came back up to sleep in the big comfy bed and I took off to our ward softball game, I got the girls started and then had to leave to pick up my friends little girl to babysit. We then headed off to pick up Carson and Ellie from my parents and then we all headed over to Mcdonalds for lunch. Then back up to NSL to drop off our little friend and then back to the hotel for some swimming with Meagan and Ashlin. Meagan may be the only friend I have that has seen me in a swimsuit in a few years...Lucky her. The water was very refreshing and my kids are getting pretty brave in the water. Allen came done and read his book, while we swam, then we headed over to Sears to buy our dads their Father's Day presents. By this time I was getting a little irritable...that is a lot of driving with kids and the heat. We finally made it back to the room with the kids. Allen had to work again that night, so the kids and I had a fun sleepover. We didn't have to check out until 3:00 p.m. so the kids and I played, watched cartoons and walked around the city a little. (We are so blessed to live in such an awesome neighborhood, it is pretty scary downtown)
Last month I decided that I was going to be a fabulous wife and get Allen an elliptical for Father's day. I did a ton of research and read a lot of the reviews and decided that I would spend $30 extra to have one shipped to our house, since we can't fit one in our honda. I ordered a gold's gym brand elliptical and the box came and was completely beat up. Ellie and I took all the pieces out of the box and had them laying out to put together. The frame on the bottom was all dented, so we had to take it back. Ugh...We found another one and the box was in perfect condition, so we took it home and started using it. Everytime we would use it it made this strange dinging sound, we borrowed another vehicle and took it back AGAIN! After trying two different machines and having no success, I have decided we will just be fat!




After the elliptical didn't work out, the kids and I decided to get daddy a Wii, yes, we gave in. But we love it. We have had homerun derbys, bowling tournaments, and tennis playoffs...some fun family bounding has been going on around here.


So, seeing as it is our Anniversary week, I decided to write 10 reasons why I love Allen!

1. I love that, no matter what time in the morning he leaves for work, he always gives me a kiss good-bye, with my bad breath and all.

2. I love that he has a wicked personality and can always make me laugh, even if I don't want to laugh.

3. I love that if I have any type of concern he is quick to listen and react to it.

4. I love that if he is asked to do something he always follows through and does a wonderful job.

5. I love how handsome he is in his uniform.

6. I love that when the kids and I see him working I still get butterflies in my belly.

7. I love that when he works graves I toss and turn all night because I need him to sleep with me. (the kids don't like me the next day because I am a little agitated from lack of sleep).

8. I love that he can fix or make anything...if he wants to.

9. I love how dedicated he is to our kids and how much fun he is as a father.

10. I love that I still need him today as much as I needed him when we dated and that he needs me.

13 comments:

Tara G. said...

Sounds like a great weekend... Happy Anniversary! Wow, can't believe it's been 8 years. You guys are so old :) hehe. Love ya. T

Erin said...

Happy Anniversary guys! I feel so lucky to have been there to witness how it all began, with the huge yarn ball and all. You guys are the best! We need to plan a get together soon!

Staci said...

happy anniversary. where does the time go? i love your top ten. so sweet.

Draper's said...

Congrats! 8 years that is great! I love the eliptical story. I was laughing because we did the same thing and had to take it back. HA HA!

Mindy said...

You are so cute! Happy anniversary! BTW... you are really good at this blogging thing. You will have to give me some pointers. Im so glad you are well!

Sharon said...

Happy anniversary! Your wedding seems like it was yesterday! It was a great time!

Audrey said...

Happy Anniversary! You're so funny! You should buy the Wii Fit attachment, and call it even with the eliptical machine. ;)

Annie Miller said...

Happy Anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long. It's crazy how time flies! Congratulations!

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

Wowzers, 8 years already?!?! Happy Anniversary!

skousenscrolls said...

Happy Anniversary! You are such a cute couple.

Ute Family said...

Happy Anniversary. It sounds like you're still madly in love so that's a good sign :)

sweet pickles said...

Happy Anniversary. Sweet post. And I love the elliptical story.

danielle and jason said...

Happy Anniversary! Don't you just love the Wii? :)