What a great weekend I had! I told Allen a couple of weeks ago that I just wanted a night without the kids for Mother's Day to do scrapbooking and cleaning. So, Friday after work Allen came home and packed him and the kids up and took them to visit Grandma Christy for a little while and see Oreo, their new kitten. After their visit they headed over to my Parents for a sleep-over...yes Allen had a sleep-over at my parents house. I got so much organizing done while they were gone, I do appreciate their help, but sometimes it is nice to do something alone. I also worked on our food storage...there is so much hype about it lately, I am starting to freak out! They came home Saturday afternoon and Allen had a softball game in Layton and then after that we came home and worked around the house and the yard. I woke up Sunday and had breakfast in bed, pancakes with strawberries and whip cream...yummy! Ellie made me a beautiful keychain that says "mom" and Carson made me a necklace that I wore to church.
If you know my children very well then you will know that they love those cheesy infomercials. The other day they were watching this one for a purse that expands and you are suppose to be able to fit everything in it. Allen asked me if I liked it. I thought it was pretty cool, but didn't put it together with Mother's day, so I was surprised to get one on Sunday. I couldn't get a picture, but here is a link to it. http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/bxtbg_ontv.html?gid= Carson could totally sell these for a living. Just ask him about it..you can fit like 25 things into your little purse mom! We tried it too!
I sometimes struggle as a mother physically and would love to have more kids, but I am thankful for the two perfect ones I have. Carson is so full of energy and is such a good big brother. He always makes sure that Ellie isn't left behind and that none of the other kids are being mean to her. Ellie is so full of drama and is so girly. She is my little shadow and would glady clean the toilets if I would let her. She wants to grow up and be a mom so she can do housework, her words, not mine. Allen is a wonderful husband and doesn't let me feel sorry for myself. He is so good with the kids and always knows when I need a break or some mommy and daddy time. I am so lucky to be a mother!! I love the stinky kisses and cuddles I get in the morning, I love to listen to my kids talking and playing together and to hear them work out their issues with one another. They are growing up so fast and I have really loved raising them.
11 comments:
First love the talk with carson that is way too funny I am waiting for that one to come!! It sounds like you had a great weekend We have seen that commercial so funny!!
That is so sweet. What kind things you always have to say. I'm glad I could see that awsome purse in person. Your kids are so cute and glad you had a nice m day!
So glad you had a great weekend! Sometimes some alone cleaning time is really therapeutic. What a thoughtful husband! Way to go Allen:)
what a great mothers day weekend.
Can't wait to see the purse!! When will that be anyways?!?!
Sounds like a perfect weekend to me!
Did you get the little keychain recorder with the purse!?! I saw the infomercial yesterday and laughed at the lady who was at the grocery store with her little recorder..."Bread, Milk, Eggs"
T
Sounds like you had a great mother's day.
Allen knows how to make a Mother's day to remember. That would be wonderful to have time to get things in order and scrapbook. Scrapbooking is the last thing on my list of things to do. So it doesn't get done! )-; You're a lucky women! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
I am glad you had such a great Mothers day weekend. Love the sex talk. Taegan has definetly picked up some interesting talk at school. I am glad he doesn't know what it is yet because Taegan is still planning on marrying him.
Post a Comment