Monday, May 19, 2008

Busy Weekend

We had a very busy weekend. The highlight however was Allen's Department had a bbq and handed out awards. Allen received 4! His officer of the year for 2006, the Chief's award for his outstanding assistance and abilities during an officer involved shooting, SRO (School Resource Officer), and for being on the Bike Patrol. You probably can't read this letter, but it is from the Chief and just tells what awards he received and why. We are so proud of all the hard work that our daddy does. He truly does love his job (most of the time) and is very dedicated to what he does.
After a long Sunday of church, and running and playing for a few hours at the bbq, the kids were exhausted. We got them to bed and then around 10:30 p.m. I heard Carson get out of bed and wander into the bathroom. He turned on the light and stumbled to the toilet, unzipped and mostly got everything into the bowl. After a few minutes of silence I sent Allen in to check on him. Allen came back and whispered for me to come see. This is what I saw. Poor boy was so tired he couldn't even put his jammies back on and make it back to his bed!
Ellie showing off her clip on earrings before church. Aren't they beautiful?
Saturday morning was spent doing a garage sale with a ton of neighbors. Allen had 2 ward softball games and I had a softball practice...so sad, none of us had a softball and only half of us had mitts. Not exactly what I expected, but oh well, it is church ball.

7 comments:

Ute Family said...

That is hilarious about Carson...I can't believe he just stayed there!

Sorry about softball. I would participate, but I haven't played for about 15 years, so I'd probably just be a pain.

Miles and Bex said...

I love the picture of Carson. Taegan will love it too. Great job Allen on all of your awards. That is awesome.

Bellblogging said...

Oh poor Carson!! That is a classic! Way to go on the awards, thats awesome! (I just looked up and noticed Becky wrote the same thing...oh well thats what I thought too!)

Michelle said...

I can't picture Allen being anything but a cop. It's always fit. By the way, how DO you get Carson to get up in the middle of the night? I've washed Ben's sheets every day for 2 weeks now.

Sharon said...

Go Allen! I love the picture of Carson. I love how entertaining children can be!

Spencer family said...

That is some good black-mail on Carson! That's awesome about Allen.

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha. Great blackmail picture of Carson. I feel that way on Sundays too.