Tuesday, May 06, 2008

a day with my Carsonian

Friday I went with Carson's Kindergarten class to Wheeler Farm. Their class adopted some eggs and the kids didn't know what kind of eggs they were so it was quite exciting to hear that when they hatched they were chicks. The class got to name them, but by the time they donated them to the farm they were Naughty 1,2,3,4,5, and 6 because they were all naughty. Here they are in their transport box.
I saw these cute little guys in the pond and yelled to Carson to come and see the baby ducks..."you mean ducklings mom?" Yes, that's what I mean Carson...smarty pants.
These are the chicks in their new habitat...having them in the kindergarten class surely got them ready to live at a farm where kids are constantly sticking their little fingers in at them.
Carson watching the blacksmith making a hook...I didn't know they did that...he really liked it.
We love Ms. Johnsen! She is the tall one in the middle of the mob of kindergartners, they were playing tag. What a fun teacher.
Nerds! Carson and Kaden on the bus. This was most of the kids' first time on a bus.
My gang I was in charge of. I thought I could totally handle more kids, but as soon as we got off the bus they all ran off to different areas.

I was so hoping that these geese would turn on Carson. He was chasing them all over, so I guess they were use to obnoxious kids.




11 comments:

ishybeanie said...

I love helping out on school field trips. I am going to the outer banks with about 150 fifth graders on thursday. We leave at 6:45 in the morning and don't get home until 6:00 that same day. I hope I live.

Kristi said...

Fun fieldtrip!! Brayden's class just went to the Bean Museum at BYU, I wasn't able to go this time, but I had already been on one this year and I think 1 might be enough for me!! When are we going to hang out again??

sweet pickles said...

I love the names for the chicks. Maybe that's how I will refer to my kids on tough days. Naughty one and naughty two.

Meagan said...

Looks like a fun field trip. you are brave.. 4 boys!!

Erin said...

Carson is getting so big! We do need to hang out again soon. Our schedule is pretty packed this month, so maybe we can shoot for June sometime.

Staci said...

field trips are the best. that is so cute what they named those chicks.

Bellblogging said...

What a fun field trip! Carson looks good in his baseball outfit.

Kim said...

What a fun day! So fun that you were able to go too! Cute pictures of such cute boys; and so grown up!

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

Looks like fun...we love field trips {especially when mom gets to go too}.

I love the names too, that's the best.

Mindy said...

I love your blog. Your kids are so cute! I cant believe you have a child in school! Wow time goes by so fast. the field trip looks like so much fun!

Ute Family said...

It's good to hear that you like Jillesha!!! I bet she is a great teacher. She's a natural...she had a lot a practice with her 20 nieces and nephews!!