Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A Week Long Celebration

Last Thursday Ellie got to bring treats to Preschool. She helped me make cupcakes and she was in charge of putting beautiful rings on the top of all of them. They sang happy birthday cha cha cha to her and she tried her hardest not to smile.
Ellie's barbie cake turned out really well. I need to figure out how to make the colors more vibrant though.
Ellie and some of her cute friends at her Birthday party on Saturday. Thanks everyone for coming. She loved all the presents. Her friends really know her well. She ended up getting about 5 barbies!! No, I forgot Maddie gave her 4 little barbies before her birthday, so she got 9 barbies.
Mommy and Daddy gave her a little Mermaid and Prince Eric, to add to her collection. I have been Prince Eric the last day and a half and I have to keep telling Ariel that she is so beautiful and kind.
Grandma and Grandpa Miller brought pizzas up for her actual birthday yesterday and this cake. Ashlin gave her that Sleeping Beauty nightgown and Ellie seems to thing that it is a dress, so she put it on Sunday after her bath and then wore it all day yesterday, "because it is her birthday and she can do what she wants to all day long." I had to peel it off of her this morning to get ready for preschool, she really wanted to wear it again. We gave her a scooter yesterday and she really wanted to ride it to school today, but we drive, so she rode it 4 houses down to pick up Stockton for preschool and then we threw it in the trunk. Then we got to school and she made me get it out of the trunk and she rode it up the drive way to the door. We have one more party on Saturday with the Miller's then we will be done for another year.

14 comments:

MiNdY said...

Aww.. Happy birthday to your Ellie! Sounds like she had fun!! I know what you mean (previous posting).. They grow SO fast!
Love the Cake you made! Thats one thing I wish I could get into, I need to try it out! Kids are so lucky, they get a few parties to celebrate with all the family! Cute pictures!

Tara G. said...

Wow that cake was so cool! You are such a fun mommy. Maya can't wait to play with all of those barbies :)

Joey and Nettifer said...

Wow she made out on her birthday! Glad she had a fun party and we went and bought M some fairies so they wont fight over them now. But I think I am regretting it because those dumb wings keep falling off!

Bel said...

Hey girl, I checked my blog and I don't have your email anywhere so give me yours so I can add you to my blog, crazycruton@yahoo.com :)

By the way cute Barbie cake, I can't believe you made it, it looks awesome!! I which I was gifted like that, even when I make a regular donut cake I manage to destroy it, hehe!

nathansara said...

Cute cake. Looked like Ellie was so happy. I love that children enjoy birthdays.

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

A week long celebration...sounds fun and I would be willing to guess pretty exhausting.

Good job on the cake! You go girl!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Ellie, we wish we were there to party with you! I love the Eric and Areal doll, they were my favorite!

Jylaire said...

Happy Birthday Ellie! What a fun birthday party! Cute cake, Missy!

Staci said...

okay is the new thing in foxboro to see who can out do who on the birthday cakes? i would totally lose. but way cute cake.

danielle and jason said...

Love the cake! By the way, Prince Eric was always my favorite!! :)

Heather said...

Her barbie cake is so cute! I'll have to enlist you to make Ruby's next birthday cake! How are you doing? It's been a long time since we've talked!

Jacob D. Johnsen said...

Hey, My kidney Docs name is James B Stinson....Curious why you ask? YOu looking for a good nephrologist?

PS Im not that good at all the "cutesy" comments on blogs, sorry. But, here, super cute cake-love it!....

Amy said...

Happy B day Ellie (a little late)! I'm glad that you had a great day! I love the cake! Great job Missy!

Unknown said...

What a cute cake!