Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What would Jesus do?

Ellie and I have been sick all week. I woke up Friday morning with a horrible kink in my neck and my right shoulder. I assumed I just slept on it wrong, but by Sunday it was still horrible. Monday evening it finally felt better and I decided we needed to go for a little walk to help us feel better. I ran down stairs to tell Carson to go get ready and then I ran outside to collect Ellie from our neighbors house. While I was out getting Ellie, Carson and Allen had this conversation.

Carson: "hey dad, I was down playing game cube and I thought, should I turn off the gamecube or just pause it while we go for a walk?"
Allen: "So, what did you decide to do?"
Carson: "I thought, what would Jesus do? Pause it or turn it off...so I turned it off."

Can you even imagine Jesus playing Star Wars Lego on the Gamecube?

12 comments:

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

Wow...how cute is that!?!? I hope my little guy grows up to be as sweet as yours!

Nora Mair said...

That carson is a crack up! Does he think like that all the time? Score for sister interaction and cleaning up messes!

Kristi said...

That is hilarious, I am still laughing!! What a cute kid!!

sweet pickles said...

That's the best thing I've heard in a long time!

Tara G. said...

What a cutie!

skousenscrolls said...

You guys sure are teaching him well!

Staci said...

hilarious. i love how his mind works. i am sorry you have not been feeling well. m just got over something that's going around all the kids here. thank goodness. hope you feel better and ellie too. we sent you something in the mail...well the kids sent carson and ellie something. watch for it tomorrow or friday.

Ute Family said...

That is so sweet. I love the things kids say.

Bellblogging said...

Classic Carson saying!!

Anonymous said...

That is funny. I think it is proof of what good parents he has. Way to go Carson.

Sharon said...

LOL! Awesome parenting!

Erin said...

That's awesome! Carson's a hoot!