Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day!

What a miserable week I have had!! Everyone keeps telling about how sick they have been and I have been so lucky and haven't gotten anything...until last Friday. First it was the pain in my shoulder and neck, then I got a horrible cold and then Laryngitis, finally by Wednesday I had the flu! When it hits it hits!! Ellie has had a cold for a while, but nothing else. Allen was off on Thursday and Friday and we had planned on doing something fun for Valentine's Day, but he looked at me and thought otherwise. By Friday morning Carson had the flu and the cold and Allen had a cold. My parents came up to rescue Ellie from getting sick on Friday afternoon. She was being so cute and silly it was hard to say goodbye. Now it is Saturday evening and I am still suffering with this horrible cold, but my voice is coming back. The boys are cuddled together in our bed moaning and groaning and watching Cops together. Ellie is having a hay day with Grandma and Grandpa and spending another night with them. Both the kids were luckily feeling well on Thursday and were both able to go to their school parties. I wasn't able to go to help with Carson's class, so I sent Allen and he did a great job taking pictures for me.


Ellie had to make a Valentine box out of a cereal box...we ended up making into a purse for her to take. She loved it, but didn't like working with the modge podge.

I love this picture of Carson playing Twister at school. I think that little girl next to him has a little crush on him, look at him looking at her hand on his arm. She wants to go bowling with him and Carson's teacher told me that she talks about how they got in a car accident and Carson's dad came and helped them.
For Valentine's day Ellie got a new gown and a barbie horse and carriage. My mom took her to the movie Enchanted yesterday and Ellie insisted on wearing her dress and her new red ruby dress shoes. As they were leaving the theater some older women saw her and were whispering to each other about how beautiful the little Belle was. Ellie stopped and turned around and looked at them and said, "Actually, I am Cinderella."
Carson got a cool spiderman yo-yo and this shark game. His toys don't seem to entertain him for hours on end like Ellie's do. I think he was started to feel a little sick in this picture. Poor boy.

9 comments:

Nora Mair said...

Oh you poor thing. I'm so sorry you're so sick. It sounds real bad. Hope you get well soon and wish me luck in my attempt to curb my impulsive spending habits.

Ute Family said...

Ellie says the cutest things...I love it.

Hope you all get to feeling better. I know what you're going through...I was sick for 6 weeks straight! Spring couldn't come any sooner.

Kristi said...

I'm sorry you guys are sick. Adi was sick the past 2 days and I am praying no one else gets it! You guys get better soon!

Veronica said...

What a fun V-day you had!! Hope you're better soon. Ellie is too cute!

Tara G. said...

Yuck, it's not fun being sick AND having sick kids. Hope you all start feeling better soon. I'm sure Ellie loved being spoiled for a couple of days!

Kim said...

There has been way too much sickness this winter! It seems like we just get over something and then it starts all over again. Hope you get feeling better soon!
It sounds like you had a fun Valentine's even though you were under the weather.

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

We SOOOO need Spring!!!! You have the cutest family. Paige keeps asking me if Missy Miller has kids she can play with. So what do ya think?!!? Playdate when you guys are feeling better?

Bellblogging said...

Hey hope you are better! That sickness is terriable! We had just colds and fevers...never flu...yuck! Time for summer! Good job to Allen on the valentines party pictures!!

sweet pickles said...

Sorry your love day wasn't so lovely. Hope you are all better by now!