Friday, February 01, 2008

Crafty week

I made each of the kids these initial signs for their bedroom doors...after I made them Allen told me he wasn't going to put holes in their doors. So, now they just hang on their dresser handles until I can figure out what to do with them. Carson's is straight around the edges and then the background paper is of airplanes. I want to re-do his room in airplanes and travel type decor.

I finally made the plunge and picked a bright lime green paint for one of Ellie's walls in her room. I am not quite sure how I feel about it. It definitily matches her personality, but I don't know if I like it or not. I am sure it will look much better once I hang some pictures up on it...or push all her furniture up against it.
Ellie is so easily pleased. After finishing her wall I surprised her with a new blanket and sheets. She insisted on us taking a picture of the blanket and then one with her in her bed. I wish I was so easily pleased.
Our Ward Card Swap is next week and the theme is birthday. These are what I came up with this month. I think they turned out pretty good.
After seeing Lynette's cute Valentine Mail boxes I had to go and get some. You can't go wrong for one buck at the Target dollar spot! I love that dollar area! You may notice there is only 3, Ellie insists on carrying hers around and hiding it in different spots. Daddy even participated by putting his own vinyl on. Carson's is the red one, mine is the last one, Ellie has a pink one...somewhere.
My latest craft. We put this on the front door for all our guests to see, but the wind has been horrible out here and it kept hitting the door and the kids kept running to see who was at our house. After running to the door about 20 times they finally figured it out. They are super smart! Now our sign is on the inside of the front door. oh well!



17 comments:

ishybeanie said...

I didn't realize you were so crafty. I love all of it expecally the initial sign.

Ute Family said...

It makes me sick how crafty all you girls are. I really need to learn how to do things around here. Very cute things you have done...good job!

Kim said...

I'm way impressed! I can't wait to see the kid's rooms.
Ellie is so cute with her new bed.
So fun that you let the kids help with the painting:)

Miles and Bex said...

Love the signs! I might just have to make those next. So cute. Ellie's room looks awesome. I you will love the green. We did T's room all in green and I love it.

nathansara said...

Love the crafts. They are so adorable. Did you go to Wood Connection? That is my FAVORITE place.

Staci said...

check you out. so many wonderful crafts. i have put painting the kids rooms colorful off because of resale. our community is really not kid friendly so we have decided to paint beige throughout the entire house. boring but very uniformed. love the green!

Katie said...

Those are awesome! I may steal some of those ideas for our Super Saturday.

Anonymous said...

WOW! You are such a cute little crafty mom. I think I need to head to Target. I love the sign you made for the front door. You could just sell your crafts, for a little extra money. I would buy a set of the cards also I am a little behind on my card club assignments.

Sharon said...

So impressive! I love the door hanging, I might just copy it! I hope your doing well!

Amy said...

I love your crafts and Ellie's room! I especially like your love sign! How did you do that? Let's have another project day at my house but this time you bring the idea! I like yours better!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Love Ellie's room and I bet the green is awesome!
You should hang the "E" thing you made on the wall right when you walk in (the left side) with a cute door handle or something like that.
That love is adorable! Way to go crafty one!

Kristi said...

My you are crafty, Way to go!! I can't wait to see Ellie's green wall!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Looks awesome. I think we should all get together and do craft night once a month!

Heather Jones said...

So dang cute I love it all I really need to find free time to do all these cute ideas everyone has I swear I never have time for anything fun unless it is 11:00 at night!!

Annie Miller said...

Wow Missy, you HAVE been busy. Cute stuff though!

Nora Mair said...

Yea an update! So crafty. How did the green wall look with the comforter? Happy Valentines!

sweet pickles said...

Love those crafts! I'm totally copying the mailboxes. Cute!