Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Mother's Proud moment

Last night as we were settling down to read bedtime stories Allen was talking to the kids about how this morning he was going to go to work early and go shopping with some kids who didn't have anything for Christmas. (The Shop with a cop Program) As Allen was explaining it to the kids Carson's eyes got really big and he jumped off our bed and ran into the kitchen where I was and asked me for a ziplock bag. I gave him one and he was off to his room. I had no idea what he was doing. Then I came and joined the gang in my room and Allen held up a ziplock bag with a dollar bill and some change inside of it. Carson wanted Daddy to give his money to the kids so they could get something extra from him. Our emphasise this season has been about giving to others and not being selfish. I guess he really picked up on it. My eyes got a little teary-eyed as I hugged Carson tightly and thought what a big boy he is becoming.

A little note on Ellie Belly. She has managed to redecorate our Christmas tree every day since we put it up and has managed to break about 6 ornaments. It is a good thing that we get a new ornament each year.

8 comments:

Staci said...

oh he is so sweet. i cried just reading that blog. you are such a great example to your kids.

new date. dec. 27th thurs. at 5pm cheesecake factory. please come

Kristi said...

Oh Missy, that is the sweetest thing ever! What a good boy you have and youare a great example! Way to go!

Ute Family said...

That is sooo cute. I bet that just melted your big 'ol heart!!

ishybeanie said...

wow im impressed, tanner is 11 and he is still very selfish when it comes to christmas.

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

What sweet "boys" {Alan and Carson}...You guys all have big hearts! It looks like Carson understands the real meaning of Christmas already, that is so awesome!

Jylaire said...

Missy!
How great are kids? That is so sweet!!! Have a great Christmas!
Jylaire

Barnes Squad said...

I think I am going to go with Wood next year. It seemed like a really neat experiance. The kids they had seemed sweet just getting the essentials. By the way I am not sure how I came across your blog, but I am glad that I did.

Tara G. said...

What a sweet kid. Hope you guys have a great Christmas! We miss you all!!! T