Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving

This year was suppose to be my family's turn for Thanksgiving Dinner, but mom just had knee surgery and didn't think me and dad could put the whole thing on, so Chad and Linds went up to Idaho with her family and T and N were out in Michigan. N's mom and little brother came out to visit them. So, we headed up to the Ackerson Cabin. It was an off year for everyone else, so it was just us, Chuck and Christy, Tall Paul, Great Grandma and Grandpa Allen and then Tom and Kim ate with us before heading down to eat again with her family. It was really good and Carson and Ellie got to play with Bentley and Emma. We tried to let the kids have sleepovers with each other, but it didn't work out. So, the four in our family and slept in one room together. We threw down mats for the kids and Al and I got the bed. I woke up in the middle of the night with Carson on one side of me and then Ellie on the other side and Allen on the other edge. Hmm....when did this become a party in our bed?
We headed home from the Cabin late Thursday night and both the kids fell asleep in the car. They weren't use to such non-stop fun with cousins. The next morning Carson work up at the crack of dawn (or what seemed like it) and after Allen and I got rid of him he went in his room and started playing and singing. I guess the singing bothered Ellie who was still sleeping in her room because all of a sudden we heard her say,"Carson be quiet or I'm gonna kick ya in the nuts!" Aint she so dainty?

12 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving! I am lauging so hard at Ellie, that is so freaking hilarious!!

Nora Mair said...

Sorry we missed you. We were slowed down by all the turkey we consumed! Kick ya in the nuts..... he he

Miles and Bex said...

Happy thanksgiving! I hope that your mom's knee is doing well. I can't believe what E said. That is too funny. I am glad she knows where to kick boys to make it count.

ishybeanie said...

Ellie is the cutest thing ever.

Heather Jones said...

Love the cabin at Thanksgiving!!I
can not believe Ellie said that that is so freaking funny!!!

Heather Jones said...

Love the cabin at Thanksgiving!!I
can not believe Ellie said that that is so freaking funny!!!

Jen said...

oh my gosh! I was laughing so hard! kids say the craziest things!

Amy said...

Ah that's hilarious! Should I let Ethan hang out with Ellie anymore. She sounds a bit dangerous! I want grandkids someday! He He!

skousenscrolls said...

I'm glad I don't have the only little girl that talks like that. Some days I really worry, so that brings me comfort.

Joey and Nettifer said...

LOL - Ellie kills me! so funny is that!

Tara G. said...

Hmmm...wonder where she gets her fiesty-ness??? :)

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

It's just as funny to read about as it was when you told it to me! Kids say the darndest things! ;)