Warning....this entry includes the words pee pee, poop, and other similar words. If you are too fragile I would advise to not continue reading this entry. (Thank goodness I didn't include pictures in this one)
We have been trying for a long time to get Ellie potty trained and then finally I just thought...she is such a stubborn little girl and when the time is right she will do it herself. Well today and yesterday she decided that she was ready, but in order for her to do it she insisted on wearing absolutely nothing, except her dress up high heels...can you picture this already? Yesterday we were downstairs and I looked over at Ellie and she was holding herself and her eyes looked like they were about to pop out of her head...She finally realized that there is a feeling you get when you have to go. "I have to go potty mama!" She ran right past the downstairs toilet and started running up the stairs...still holding herself. I was really impressed that she actually made it up all the way without an accident. That is one of the success stories.
Today Ellie woke up throwing up, so she wasn't feeling all that well, but she insisted on running around naked again to be able to go in her to-to. I was talking on the phone with a friend and Ellie came running out of my room and went right into the bathroom. A couple minutes later she came running out and announced that she did one big poop in the toilet...yeah Ellie, what a big girl you are. About an hour or two later I was downstairs doing laundry and I went upstairs to check on her and she was fast asleep on my bedroom floor...still naked. I searched everywhere for a camera, but I couldn't find one anywhere. That would've came in handy in the future when she started acting up. She woke up from her nap a little cranky and all through dinner she was just whining. She was standing up to eat and spilled her drink all over herself, the chair and the floor and you would've thought that the world was coming to an end. Once we got that cleaned up and her settled down a little bit she stood up again on her chair and looked right at me and Allen and started peeing all over the place...what the heck? So, I cleaned that up and Allen threw her in the tub and then came back to help me. We looked at each other and started laughing. What an entertaining dinner that was. Her birthday is coming up and it will be so nice to have her trained by then.
Monday, March 26, 2007
My special, stubborn little girl
Posted by Missy at 8:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
don't you love potty training, my kids ran around naked for weeks, but what ever works.
Is that what it takes to get a kid potty trained - running around naked? Maybe I should give that a try. All the books I read said nothing about that.
I think it is hilarious that she fell asleep naked. your house must be nice and warm.
Did you have a fun time at dance?
I love it, that is so funny! The things they do while trying to get potty trained, gotta love those memories!
i love the potty trained kid. f has no desire...hopefully soon he will and that will be the end to buying diapers! hurray. good job ellie!
The potty training has been my least favorite part of being a mom!!! Ken's still has 1-2 accidents a day and it has been 4 months of really trying.Todd told me I should make her sit naked on the kitchen floor all day!! I guess I should try it!!! HEHEHE
WOW!! What a time! We are about to start round three of PT with Ethan. The boy is waaaay stubborn too! I don't look forward to all the messes again. I hope this round works. The boy turned three in Feb, for goodness sakes!
It was awesome talking to you yesterday. It makes me miss Utah. Hopefully I can come visit soon. Potty training is so fun. Yesterday I was getting some house decorations out of a box we hadn't moved in from the garage and guess what I found it it. PEE! Brayden had to go pee outside and saw a box and said, I will pee in that. So fun. Help Meagan set up her blog.
Seth and I laughed out loud when reading this. That Ellie sounds like quite the little girl. I'm not looking forward to potty training Charlie. Wish us luck!
Look! I'm posting a comment :) Hope you guys have a great Easter! How was Ellie's party the other night? She is hilarious.
Post a Comment