Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Here today, gone tomorrow

I broke down and let the kids, well Allen, get a cat. I kept debating back and forth about it and Friday I told the boys to just go and look and some, but not to get one just yet. About 30 minutes later I got a phone call from Carson. "Mom! We are getting a kitty and I am going to name her Tiger!" What?!?! What happened to just looking? The kitty came home with us and just explored the house the first night. Ellie was freaking out everytime she came near her or her projects she has been working on. Carson wanted to play with Tiger so much, but she was pretty nervous. At bedtime Ellie didn't want the kitty to come and get her so we had to close her door then around 11:00 p.m. I heard her door open and close and then I heard a little whisper..."kitty kitty! Where are you?" Ellie had decided that she wanted to try and play with kitty now. Around 5:00 a.m. Carson came running in our room and jumped in our bed and said,"That cat is trying to kill me! She keeps hitting me in the head with her nails." For some reason she really liked hiding under Carson's bed and she wanted to play with him at 5:00 in the morning. Things were going well and even I was starting to like the idea of a cat, but Monday morning I opened the door to let Carson out to catch his ride to school and the cat escaped. I ran upstairs to grab my shoes and ran back out to go and get her and she was gone. We walked around the block looking for her and asked neighbors if they had seen her, but no luck. Behind the next street over there is a huge open field and she is probably enjoying life over there. The kids were sad for a little while, but they seem to be alright now. Maybe one day she will wander back to our house.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I am so glad the cat didn't kill Carson! That is so funny!

ishybeanie said...

thanks for the laugh

Tara G. said...

Did she come back yet??? That is so sad! I hope you find her. Pippen did that one time and was out all night long, I cried most of the night! We left the backdoor open all night, I know, not a smart thing to do living so close to Detroit, but he came in our room and jumped on the bed at 6:00 AM!!! T

Joey and Nettifer said...

That is the funniest story about the cat trying to kill Carson! That is so sad that it ran away. Hopefully it is eating all the mice for us! Maybe you should just get another cat :)

Amy said...

I laughed so hard about the cat trying to kill Carson and hitting him in the head with it's nails! What a funny story! Carson is so cute!