Friday some of the girls went to the Ackerson's Cabin for some much needed relaxation time. Becky, Meagan, and I left at noon and stopped at the Outlet Stores in Park City. I got a pair of Gap jeans for $14 and found Ellie a nice winter coat at Old Navy for $13. I am really getting into this Pinching your Pennies thing and Meagan is the perfect coach...she knows where to get all the good deals. Becky also helped me with Ellie's coat...she did the Alaska test on it and said it was a pretty good coat, not Alaska good, but good. We got up to the cabin around 5:00 and just turned into vegtables. We seriously just layed back on the couches and veggied out. I fell asleep and I think Becky dosed a bit. The other girls got there around 7:00, I think, and then we had dinner and played this really fun game that Jylaire brought up...I hope Santa brings it for us this year. The girls that are nursing got their own rooms upstairs and then the 4 girls that weren't all slept in the room downstairs that has two sets of bunk beds in them. I have never slept in their before, but for family get togethers people are always saying how loud they are...I now know why they say that. It reminded us all of girls camp again...lots of giggling, but no talking of which boys we have kissed lately or which boys we wanted to kiss. We all started settling down when I glanced out the window and saw something outside hopping around. At first I thought it was just my imagination because whatever it was looked like it was glowing in the dark. I made Amy get up and look and she saw it too...what was it? Then Meagan tried to look out on her top bunk and saw it...Becky was too tired and sick to move, so she just told us we had all had too many swedish fish and Dr. Pepper and that we were probably just hallucinating. We finally figured out that it was a rabbit...an extremely large rabbit! Why it was glowing in the dark we may never know...it was probably just how the moon was hitting it. With a little more time and imagination I could probably come up with a spooky halloween story, but maybe another time. The next morning we had yummy carmel rolls or something, but they were great. I left around 10:00 to meet my sister-in-law Heather in Heber and I followed her to Aunt Nancy's house in Orem for Donna's Bridal Shower. It was a pretty scary drive, raining the entire way with snow on parts, but we made it. They had a movie shower, each guest was given a movie and they were suppose to buy a gift based on the movie...I was given Some Like it Hot. So, of course I had to get what everyone expected to get for that movie. I had never met Andrea before, so I gave her money to buy an outfit. They also got candles and candlesticks and something else that I am too embarrassed to write....(Becky wouldn't be though!) When I got back to the cabin the girls were scrapbooking, making Christmas Cards, and talking. It was so nice to not have to worry about the kids. Thanks for letting us go up Christy and Chuck.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad that you guys had a good time and got to get away!
Girls retreat was fun, we need to do it again soon!!
Post a Comment