Saturday, October 28, 2006

Music

One of my friends and her family are moving to North Carolina next week, so our Bunko group had a party and gave her a basket of things to help her drive out. I made her 2 cd's of my favorite songs and made me a copy too. The kids and I were cleaning the house earlier today and listening to the music. Ellie was dancing around and Carson jumped off a chair and was running into the kitchen. They ran into each other and I thought, oh no, not another fight!! Instead of fighting they grabbed each others hands and started dancing together. I love moments like that, so surprising, but so sweet and funny!
It's been another busy week. Thursday we had Bunko at Staci's, which was sad because Kim is moving. Friday I went to the Jordan River Temple with the girls from our old Neighborhood in the ghetto (one of the bad parts of West Valley). I haven't seen a lot of the girls for a really long time. There was 5 of us that went, Karen (she planned the whole thing), Rebecca, Melissa, and Jennifer. It was so good to see them. We had dinner at the Temple, which is always yummy, and made one of the last sessions. I didn't get home until about 11:30 p.m. We never thought that we could get Rebecca to the Temple with us, but in June she finally went through for the first time and last night was her 5th time...makes the rest of us look pretty bad. It was nice to be in the temple with them, there is always such a sweet feeling there. I felt a little strange without Allen there, especially as we were waiting in the chapel and all these couples were holding hands and hugging each other...yuck!
Allen invited a friend and his family to dinner tonight. It's a guy he works with. I am glad he did, we are always having my friends over and he just goes with whatever, so for him to actually want someone to come over is pretty rare. He really likes him because he says he isn't arrogant like so many of the other guys he works with. I think that happens to a lot of Officers because they are use to getting respect and having people kiss their butts. I am just glad Allen doesn't bring that attitude home with him...we would have some serious problems then. I once saw a sign that said...if mama ain't happy, nobody's happy! Life would be so much easier if Allen really got that saying.
I am getting a new calling tomorrow, but I can't write what it is yet, since I have friends in the ward that read this blog. I am really sad about being released as the secretary in Primary, but I am looking forward to my new calling...not a lot will change. Our Primary program is coming up in a few weeks and Carson has a pretty good part for only being 5, but I think that comes with having his mom in the Presidency. I asked him one day what he prays for and he said..."remember that one time that I lost my transformer? I prayed that I would find it and Heavenly Father whispered in my head and told me where to find it." I wish my life were as simple as worrying about where I left my toys. He is so sweet...most of the time.

1 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

I think it is awesome with your new calling Monique gave me the 411 yesterday. Thanks for helping out with my Sister Friendly. Life is crazy some days.