The kid's had their piano recital in February right before their teacher, Tina Memmott, moved off to Alaska. They both did really well. They memorized their songs. I am so glad that this is something that they both enjoy doing and I hope they continue on with it for years to come. Allen has taken over giving them lessons. I was really nervous with how they would handle that, but so far it has been successful. I wish I could play more than chopsticks on the piano. We did recently inherit my sister Brenda's piano. That was one of her prized possessions that she was determined to buy all by herself. We are thrilled that we have it. It brings lots of memories back of her sitting there practicing while wearing her little stretchy pants and one sock barely hanging on to her foot. I am so impressed that in her adulthood she found something she wanted to learn and didn't hesitate to learn it.
I hope Carson and Ellie know what an amazing privilege it is to be able to learn a musical instrument and I know what a blessing it will be when they become older.
0 comments:
Post a Comment