Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Shop with a Cop...and wife.

 Allen has been doing shop with a cop for a few years and this year I went along with him.  We met at the Bountiful Applebees for breakfast and we ate breakfast with two great kids.  A 10 year old brother and his 6 year old sister.  After breakfast we all hopped in the police cars and turned on all the lights and sirens and headed to Walmart in Centerville. 
 Once we got to Walmart all the Police cars formed a huge square and Santa came in on a helicopter and landed right in the middle of the cars.  It was really cool. 
 We got to shop with this really cute 6 year old that bought something for everyone in her family.  She did get a couple of things for herself too.
There were so many volunteers helping.  These kids showed up around 8 a.m. to wrap all the gifts.  It was an amazing experience for me and Allen says that I have to go every year now.  He says that I made the whole experience so much easier for him.  I loved seeing all the kids excited about being able to get a little something for Christmas. 

0 comments: