I love St. Patrick's day. We have only been able to really celebrate it for the last few years since the idea of a small man dressed in green really creeped Carson out.

The night before we set the traps. Ellie filled a cup with paper gold and propped a box with a skewer, when the Leprechaun went for the gold, the box would fall on top of him.

Carson's trap was amazing and he figured it out by himself. He had a string holding the box open and through the box. Inside the box was a sign that read, for gold pull string. Once the string was pulled the box dropped. He taped up all the holes and was hoping that he would wake up with a green little man taped up inside.

On the outside he wrote "gold in here" to tempt the leprechaun inside. The kids were really excited to have a "pet
leprechaun." Ellie planned on putting a collar and leash on him and take him for walks around the block. Luckily, for the leprechaun, we didn't catch him. The kids did catch a note that sent them on a
scavenger hunt around the house and led them to a new movie for them each. Carson got a Mario Brothers movie and Ellie got the new Barbie Fairy movie.

I found these cute little crafts online on one of my many blogs that I browse. The preschoolers will also be receiving these...from the leprechaun.

The
leprechaun, Freddy, left the kids Lucky charms for breakfast.
1 comments:
Oh my look at you go! How creative and cute that you guys try to catch the Leprechaun into real traps. Brielle said she had a lot of fun at the school party. You are such a fun mom I wish I was more passionate about the holiday, we never celebrate it, hehe!
Post a Comment