Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sinus gunk

The last couple of weeks I have been battling a sinus infection and have been failing. I would wake up take cold medicines, get the kids off to school, and then get ready for preschool. Luckily the preschool didn't suffer, but as soon as 3:00 p.m. rolled around I was useless. I would lay down the rest of the day/night. Allen either had to bring dinner home with him or make dinner when he got home. The weekends would come and I just slept. ugh. Finally I went in to see my amazing Internal Medicine Doctor. He prescribed me some anti-biotics and then they had to give me a shot in the BUTT! Hello, it still hurts. I take immune suppressants and the shot is suppose to help my immune system. So, I started the anti-biotics Friday and I already am starting to feel better and get my much missed energy back.

Ellie's birthday is coming up and I have been busy doing research for ideas. We have our theme and I have been putting together some decorations. Since I missed her birthday last year I really want to make this birthday awesome. Allen told me to not feel guilty about missing it, seeing as I was in the ICU and didn't even know I was missing it. So, this year I plan on making it to the party!

2 comments:

Bel said...

Darn it sorry you have been sick, sinus infections are the worst. I am so happy to hear that you are throwing Ellie a big party, you both deserve it for getting through this last year. I would be more than happy to help, I sent you an email, let me know :)

Tara G. said...

I'm sorry you are feeling sick. I have been sick for 2 days and have been pretty useless around here - can't imagine being sick for weeks at a time. Wish I could be there to help. What are you doing for E's birthday?