Saturday, February 19, 2011

The kids

I am constantly worrying about Carson while he is at school. Is he paying attention enough, is he turning in his work, is he getting to where he needs to be on time, did he bring ALL of his homework home? He kept leaving his homework at school and so finally I told him that the next time he left it he would have to walk back to school to get it. One day I heard the front door open and close and went to see who went outside and I saw Carson down the street on his way back to school to get his homework. I ended up driving him back because there was a weird-o driving around that we didn't recognize and it gave me the creeps. I think I talk to his teachers more than he does. I don't understand how a boy could seem so out of the loop and not have any cares in the world. Is it because I do all the worrying for him? Carson, how did you do on your spelling test today? "I don't know." Carson, did you turn in your math homework? "I think so." Carson, did you get your spelling test back today? "nope." He hasn't gotten a spelling test back in months! Well, I am pretty sure he has but is just throwing them away before he gets home. Luckily we can check online all of his scores. All of his teachers love him and say he is very respectful, which I totally see. I don't know if he is just side-tracked with wondering or if he is bored in school or what. Luckily his grades are alright.
The little chick on the other hand is just about as opposite as can be. Her teacher talked to me the other day about how Ellie will do something big when she is older and that she knows when she is right and won't let anyone tell her differently...um...yeah. Mrs. Rooney told me that she had to correct something of Ellie's and she could see in Ellie's eyes that she was not happy about that and that she was trying really hard not to try to correct Mrs. Rooney. She also told me that Ellie will be one of those powerful women and will be some sort of leader. She is already showing those traits, like when she organized the Ackerson Christmas Talent show, or how she always has to do what I am doing and will never take no for an answer.
I love these two monkeys. Ellie has just started RAD kids at school and walks through the house yelling "STAY BACK!! WHAT'S THE PASSWORD?" So, then Carson tries to abduct her and then the ninjas come out and they start kicking at each other. It is pretty humorous. They have been getting along pretty well with each other lately, which makes my life much easier.

1 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

You need to get Carson attacking Ellie on video! You could use it as blackmail when they are older.