Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas day

We told the kids on Christmas Eve that we weren't getting up until 7:00 a.m. this morning. Allen heard Carson out in the front room around 6:00 a.m. and finally at 6:30 he came and asked if it was time yet. At 6:50 a.m. there was a knock at the door and Grandma and Grandpa were standing out there. They spent the morning with us.
Grandma and Grandpa

Carson

Ellie

Missy

Mixed emotions-Carson doesn't approve and Ellie loves her cheerleader outfit.

As we were leaving our house to go to my parents Allen noticed we had a flat tire. Luckily we were just in front of our house. I told Carson to go out and help dad. Carson jumped out of the van and without skipping a beat said, "oh, fudge!" It was hilarious! We love the movie Christmas Story, so I had to get a few pictures of them fixing the tire together.

Ralphie, I mean Carson, helping dad by holding onto the bolts.

We finally made it my parents after taking the side roads to get there. We had a nice turkey and ham dinner with all the fixins. I made green bean salad and ginger snaps.

Ellie got a littlest pet shop from Joshy Boy, thanks Josh.

Ellie, Brynnlee, Carson, Caleb, and Claire
Mom got all the grandkids p.j.'s, robes and pillow pets. The kids wore the robes all night and loved their pillow pets. Ellie got a dolphin and Carson got a penguin.

We gave Claire a fairy outfit, we also gave our Ackerson cousins these outfits also. They were all a huge success. I still have a couple left for birthdays.
We had a great day and Ellie said over and over ALL day long that this was the best day ever. We will probably be spending the next few days cleaning up the huge mess that we left in the kitchen and front room.

2 comments:

Banham Luck! said...

Oh Fudge! That is hilarious! I bet Santa's sleigh flew faster after her left your house, they got quite a load. My biggest concern is that in the photo of Al changing the tire….there is no snow on the ground, WHAT???? It's Utah!

Tara G. said...

Fun! Wish we could be there with you. T