Saturday, August 21, 2010

Medicine

I have been taking an immune suppressants for a couple of months now and I noticed about a month in a half ago that my hair was falling out. Not just a few strands here and there, but hand fulls at a time. I called my doctor last week and he called me in a new prescription to try. So far the side effects have been headaches and being nauseous almost all the time, like morning sickness. My hair is still falling out, I hope that stops soon. Luckily my hair was pretty thick to begin with, but I am starting to notice that my hair is really thinning out. So, would I rather lose my hair or be nauseous all the time? Decisions decisions. I started the new meds on Monday and Tuesday night I was up all night with flu like symptoms. On Thursday I went down to see my rheumatoid doctor (lupus doctor). He sent me down to get my blood drawn and to check my kidney function. As I was sitting there and the nurse had the needle in my arm trying to find the vein, yes the needle was in my arm as she was moving the needle around, I started feeling really weezy. She pulled the needle out and I said I didn't feel very well, I felt like vomiting and passing out. She hurried and grabbed the garbage for me, but after sitting there for a while I felt a little better and went to the bathroom to get some water on my face. I get blood drawn all the time, so it wasn't like I was scared. I am thinking it is from these new meds. Why are there so many side effects to drugs?

2 comments:

Heather Jones said...

i am so sorry you have crappy meds and that I was not home when you needed help. i hope you can get them figured out!

Melissa said...

Sick or bald? I would go with bald. I have always had dreams of getting all sorts of different wigs. But alas my hair only falls out in one spot at a time, not all over.