The worst part of a colonoscopy is the preparation. I didn't eat anything all day yesterday, then had to take the pills at 1:00 p.m. to get things started. I had to mix 64 oz. of gatorade with an entire bottle of dulcolax! That's like a month's supply. I had to be at the hospital by 7:30 a.m. and my procedure was at 8:00 a.m. I had Dr. Pearl come down and visit me while I was being prepped, he was the doctor that monitored me while I was staying in the hospital. While I was having my procedure I sent Allen upstairs to drop off goodies I had made for all my friends(nurses). Once I was done Dr. Pearl came back in, then Dr. Trowbridge came in with the pictures from the colon. They didn't look much better then the ones from April 21st. The doctor took a lot biopsies and is hoping to get them back by Monday, I am thinking it will take a few more days then that. I thought we ruled out crohns, ulcerative colitis, lupus, and another auto-immune disorder, but we are back to those. I guess the testing isn't 100%, so I am hoping that this time we will find out what is happening. Out of those 4 things I am hoping for the ulcerative colitis. The mention of taking out the colon all together was brought up again, but I don't want to think about that now. The way my colon looks would explain why I still feel the way I do. I am doing more and more around the house and I am driving again! I am planning a preschool Luau in June and I just really hope I will be able to pull it off.
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
get better soon. that is so frustrating, im so sorry you are going through this.
I'm sorry Missy. Darn your insides. They are not cooperating with you. That was sweet of you to take stuff to your nurses. I'm sure they felt loved.
That last comment was by me, Melissa. I guess Quinn is still logged on to blogger.
I'm so sorry. Hopefully they can figure this out soon. Hang in there..
Oh no I am sooo sorry my dear Missy. My heart goes out to you and your family. I want to help you but I don't know how. Continue being strong and stay positive, our prayers are with you. You are in good hands and the doctors will find what is really wrong and help you feel better. Do you need my help in planning your preschool luau? I can teach the kids a Hula dance. Let me know. Love ya!
Post a Comment