Saturday, April 24, 2010

The test results are in

This morning my GI doctor came in with my biopsy results. They have narrowed it down to 2 things: Zschemic, which is low blood flow in my colon, or the after math from the c-diff. They are currently treating me for both and hoping that it will clear up with the antibiotics and the steriods. They have switched my meds back to the pills rather than the IV's in hopes that I will be able to continue my treatments at home. I am on a liquid diet and still am not able to keep anything in me. This afternoon I went for one of my strolls around the floor and noticed that my three immediate neighbors were all gone. They all checked in during the week and they all looked a lot worse off then I do, but today they are all gone. All the nurses and doctors are baffled, I look wonderful, but if you look at my colon you wouldn't understand why I feel so well. I appreciate every ones prayers and I really know that my Heavenly Father has been a huge help and support to me and my family during this process. Everyday the doctors tell me, maybe tomorrow you will be able to go home, I wish they would not say anything at all. I have a feeling it will be the next day or two...my fingers are crossed. Allen and the kids hid Molly, our dog, into a duffle bag and snuck her into see me today. My dad asked the nurse yesterday if I could bring her in and she said we could hide her in. I was waiting for them to get out of the elevator today and as soon as I started talking the bag started flipping out. It is a good thing Molly isn't much of a barker. I took the kids over to meet my nurses for the day and Allen just kept walking to my room with Molly. As soon as I walked in the room I was tackled with loves from Molly. She really is like a baby. I think Grandma Debbie has been spoiling her a little while I have been up here.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Man Missy... I used to think I wanted to go to the hospital to have someone else take care of me but you have me convinced that isn't as fun as I would hope it would be. I'm glad you got to see Molly. I know I would miss my stupid cat. I hope you get to go home soon.

Heather Jones said...

First you ARE SO SWEET TO EVEN THINK ABOUT WISHING ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY WITH ALL YOU HAVE GOING ON SO THANKS! SECOND I REALLY FEEL SO BAD FOR YOU I HOPE SO MUCH THAT YOU CAN COME HOME SOON. I LOVE THAT THEY SNUCK THE DOG IN THAT IS AWESOME.GET OUT OF THERE SOON WOULD YOU!!!!!!!

Heather said...

Miss, it's a relief the test results are back...hopefully you'll start seeing some results! I'm so sorry you're going through so much. Hope to talk with you soon! Maybe I'll give you a call tomorrow.

The Zouns said...

Glad you were able to have some time with the entire family, LoL. Thanks for keeping the updates coming.

Tara G. said...

Has mom been feeding Molly cheeseburgers and spaghetti? Pretty soon she will have stained hair around her face like Pudge did. Haha. So glad things are looking up! Love you so much. T

Meagan said...

We are praying for you. Hopefully you'll be able to go home soon! I think that's awesome that Allen Snuck MOlly in!! hehe.. WHy didn't he sneak in the cat as well? Tiger would LOVE the hospital!! :) Get feeling better! Love Meagan

Bellblogging said...

Hope you make it home soon! Sounds like things are starting to look up! Glad you got to see your puppy :) Wish you the BEST!! Tasha