Missy has asked me (Allen) to update her blog for her.
On Friday, while Debbie and Heather were putting on Ellie's friend birthday party, I took Missy in for a CT scan of her abdomen at LDS hospital. Missy was in pretty bad shape and they took her from radiology to the ER. She was so dehydrated that her blood pressure was dipping down to 50/25 and her kidney's were shutting down (again). They moved her up the ICU where they gave her 10 bags of fluid over the next day. On Sunday they moved her to a normal room and things are now looking much better for her. They diagnosed her with c-diff (Clostridium difficile) which is an infection in her digestive tract. Missy's blood pressure is back to normal and her kidney function is close to normal. They will allow her to go home as soon as she can keep food and water from going straight through her. We're hoping that the colitis they found in her colon last week is being caused by the c-diff infection and not another autoimmune disorder.
Missy, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we love you and wish you a quick return.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Ellie's birthday weekend
Posted by Missy at 1:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Man Missy, you've really had to deal with a lot! I hope you get feeling better soon. You'll continue to be in our prayers. We love you guys!
Missy, we are thinking about you and keep you in ours prayers! Ethan prays every night that his "piano friends' mom will get better". Hang in there!
Thanks for the update Allen. I am glad things are looking alittle better. You are in our prayers and please let me help if you need it!
You are all in our prayers.
We hope that Missy feels better soon.
Amen! We are praying for all of you too! She is such a trooper.
So glad to hear you are doing better Missy! Hope you get to come home soon, or prayers are with you. Thank you for the update Allen. We are sending healthy vibes your way :)
My dad was just diagnosed with C-diff due to living in a rehab center for so long. I hope your recovvery is quick and they figure out how to treat you well!
Good luck with everything. We're all praying for you!
im so sorry missy, i hope you get better soon
Thanks for the update! I hope and pray you get better quickly!
Post a Comment