Thursday, April 29, 2010

Code Blue

Here it is the middle of the night and I am wide awake again. I am on the same floor as the Bone Marrow Patients, they are on the East and I am on the West. I woke up to an alarm followed buy the words. "Code Blue, room East ___" It threw me back to March 25th, 1999 when I heard it for the first time and I knew it was for Brenda. Tonight I kept waiting and waiting for the voice to come back and say, "Code Blue canceled" But it never came. About 30 minutes later I heard rain drops on my window, but it only lasted for about 2 minutes and I thought of the little children that ask their mothers why it rains. Some of them reply, "Heavenly Father and Jesus must be crying." Tonight they cried happy tears as they welcomed a Heavenly Child back home. I have heard the alarm a couple of times since I have been here and that is probably the worst part about being here. Knowing tonight that a family is going to be getting a call to come down to the hospital makes me sad and just fuels my desire to be home.
My body seems to be getting back to normal by the hour, they have switched my steroids to pill form to prepare me to go home. They have taken me off of the drip and Iron IV's. I still get a good shot of Zofran as needed for being nauseous, but a pill form is available to be able to take home. I am really hoping that today is the day I get to go home. Today and Friday have been mentioned, but I of course would prefer today.

1 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

I hope you come home soon too!