Friday, February 26, 2010

Walk for Lupus


My first ever Lupus walk is going to be May 1st. I have 4 teammates so far and I am hoping more will join. It is going to be at Liberty park and we will do one loop around the park. I am not sure how far that is, but I am excited. Wouldn't it be amazing if they found a cure for Lupus some time soon. Every morning I have to force myself out of bed because my body just aches. It could be a lot worse though and I am so lucky to have a wonderful husband that helps me so much and I have wonderful parents that are always calling and offering to help with the kids. I really am so blessed. http://www.firstgiving.com/missyackerson is the site where you can register or donate to the Lupus foundation-Utah Chapter.

4 comments:

ishybeanie said...

good luck, i would do it with you but i am kind of far away

Bellblogging said...

I hope they find a cure also! Good luck, wish you the best!

Unknown said...

hey, we want to participate. do you know how long of a walk it is and if you can bring strollers/children?
you can email me at dedratregaskis at gmail dot com

Melissa said...

Good for you. Every year I think I will do the MS walk but haven't gotten the courage up to try to get others with me. We have Miles' baptism that day. Good luck to you.