
A few of our friends and neighbors have been talking about this tradition. It is the greatest idea for keeping the kids on task and being nice to each other and mom. Our elf and his book came to our house one afternoon. It was the strangest thing, I was out running errands and the kids heard a knock on the door, they went to open the door and there sitting on the porch was the above box. The book tells a story about an elf that you get to name, ours is Buddy. Buddy flies home to the North Pole and reports to Santa about the day, then he flies back to our house and finds a new place to sit in the house. Once the kids wake up they have to search the house for his new spot. Ellie wrote a letter to Santa yesterday and we gave it to buddy to deliver for us. This morning Buddy was holding a letter from Santa to Ellie.

Buddy is a little creepy looking, but the kids don't seem to mind.

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care. Tiger, Daddy, Ellie, Carson, Mommy, and Molly's

We had Mama and Papa up for dinner tonight. The kids were so helpful, I had to document it. Carson peeled potatoes and cut them.

Ellie peeled potatoes and set the table and made name tags.

Carson peeling potatoes

Part of our Christmas Village. The kids and I love our Christmas Village. Each year we try to add another piece to it. I think Allen may be building us a special bench for it next year since it is getting out of control. Half of it sits on our console table and the other half is on our kitchen bench.

Goodies...I am totally burned out on making goodies.

More of our village.

Ellie is always rearranging the village people.

Miss Molly trying to catch some
zzz's while we all are making noise around her.

One day in preschool we made gingerbread men and I had some left over and the kids both jumped at the chance to decorate some. They each made one for themselves and then one for Daddy.
5 comments:
I love your village!! It's adorable!!
The elf is kind of creepy huh. I loved all ur home made goodies, I need to be more like that!! Happy Holidays
We made those dipped pretzels for M's class this Halloween. They were so good! The pic. of Ellie at the sink helping is really pretty and C looks so big. Miss you.
I was curious who all the stockings were for!!:) We have the elf thing too. Ash is freaked out by it and tayley thinks it's a baby and takes it in her stroller and feeds it a bottle! :0
Sorry I missed your call, we were busy with Chad's family. I'll give you a call this week. The goodies look yummy!
I need to get me one of those creepy looking elves! My kids have been so naughty lately. I love the elf idea. We got your Christmas card...so cute!!! Sorry you will have to wait another year to get ours, once again I did not manage to get them done. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment