Friday, August 21, 2009

CPAP

Continuous Positive Airway Pressure=CPAP
That is me using my CPAP machine for the first night at home. Tuesday the home care people came over to set me up with my new night friend. It was really depressing. The first night wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but Wednesday I felt really tired all day long. Wednesday night went alright, but Thursday I was tired all day again. I thought, is this really helping me? My doctor said that it can sometimes take a month to get its full effect. I sure hope it doesn't take that long. Today I feel a little better, but last night I woke up feeling like the air was going in my mouth and suffocating me. I took it off early this morning and didn't put it back on. It was so nice to be able to move around and really relax into my pillow. Ah.... The last two days the kids have rode their bikes to school and I have walked along with them. I am really drinking a lot of water too. I sure hope it helps. I put my mask on after the kids are in bed and then I am up before they are so I take it off before they see it, but they know what it is, since my mom uses one too. The nice thing about this machine is that it only covers my nose and not my mouth too. I tried one of those and it totally freaked me out. It is pretty quiet and when I wake up in the night I just turn it off otherwise it gets really loud and wakes up Al. The other day Allen said to me that I move around a ton when I am sleeping, that is a sign of sleep apnea, every time I stop breathing my brain tells my body to do something to get the heart going again, I guess my legs kicked a lot. I do wake up with new bruises all over my legs. That now explains it.

1 comments:

Tara G. said...

Way to go on drinking more water and getting some exercise! I'm sure all of your efforts will pay off. Love ya. T