Saturday, May 02, 2009

Ellie Ann the Ballerina

I know very little about dancing, so Ellie has been teaching me a few things here and there. I am writing this post after she has gone to sleep, so if I get the positions wrong I may have to come back and fix them.
Self Portrait
Ah, fourth position? I am already mixed up.


Second Position

First Position



She just got her performance costume and so she had to try it on a few times. She was upset I wouldn't let her put her pink tights on and I made her bathe before she put it on too. They are dancing to the song Butterfly Kisses which makes my dad cry every time he hears it. I am so sad that they are having two performances and they are both the week that I will be in Michigan visiting Tara and her family. Maybe they will do another smaller performance just in the studio...hint hint Heather can you pass that along to your sister?
So, as soon as Carson heard that his tap class was going to be performing and he was the center of the show he decided he didn't want to dance anymore. He and Ellie are so different. The exact same thing happened to me when I was younger. My mom put me in dance and I was going to be the leader or something and that totally freaked me out and I told my mom that I didn't want to dance anymore. She had just spent so much money on my costume. Thank goodness I didn't buy Carson's costume yet. I told him he could still take tap and he didn't have to perform, but he wasn't having any of that. I think his friends were saying things to him about taking dance.




1 comments:

Ute Family said...

Gosh that sucks if that's true about Carson's friends teasing him. I LOVE tap. I hope he changes is mind. Just think, your kids could be future "so you think you can dance" superstars...love that show :) btw, Ellie looks adorable in that costume, so cute!