Sunday, May 03, 2009

Daddy, are you going to work again?

This last month has been so crazy! Allen's department is down 2 Officers and one Sergeant so the others are trying to cover all the shifts. Allen is also covering 12 hours a week at the D.I. He is teaching all day on Mondays and then is going to school in the evenings. Let's figure this out...

School 6 hours
D.I. 12 hours
Monday Teaching 9 hours
Regular shift 44 hours +
Jr. High lunches 7 hours
Total hours worked in one week... 78 hours or more!

The Chief says they will hopefully have at least one new officer by August. Super, only 3 or 4 more months of this. The good news is that he will no longer be doing the d.I. They are turning that over to Layton City. 66 hours a week this month!

3 comments:

Heather Jones said...

Ok missy that sucks bad they better be giving him some dang good over time I think I would be a mess if Todd was gone that much!! If you need a break from the kids call me. Don't you just love thier cute outfits I love them. I will hint to Cami to do a little preformance at the studio I bet she would just for you!!

Mindy said...

Yikes are you guys going totally crazy?? It is so hard to work that much and not be able to have so much family time. Hang in there! Guess what!!!! We are moving up that way in August. I will be looking for a babysitter for 4 hours on wednesday if you are intrested???

Barnes Squad said...

I am fed up too. I called Wood the other day to tell him I missed him. He answered by saying how can you miss someone who is never there. Hopefully the new guy sticks around