Well, in November I said I was going private and here it is March and I am finally doing it. The main reason is for the safety of our family. Last week a group of gang members were arrested in North Salt Lake, they live in our neighborhood. Another one of the gang member lives in the older section of NSL and told people that he was going to kill a police officer. Allen told me this Thursday night, right before he left to go to school (driving his police car). Friday afternoon word got around that two rivalling gangs were going to meet at the Foxhollow Park in our neighborhood. Allen called me from work to let me know and to keep the kids inside. HELLO!!! What is happening to our neighborhood? I saw so many police cars that day. Bountiful came over to help and Woods cross. The school buses weren't allowed in our neighborhood until the police gave them the o.k. It was pretty scary and I knew I should stay away from the windows, but I just wanted to watch and see what was going on.
NSLPD believes that the recent graffiti and all the gang activity stems from one house, which happens to be one street over from us. The only way to run them out of the neighborhood is to have the police ride them and pretty much pester them until they move out. I saw a police officer on Saturday doing just that. I hope they keep it up.
11 comments:
That sounds scary! I am glad I took my blog private a couple of years ago. It just makes me feel a little bit safer in this unsafe time.
holy moly - that is crazy!! I hope they leave soon, everyone deserves to feel safe in their own home/neighborhood PLUS it's a great neighborhood!!
wow it doesn't matter where you live. you will always find losers. it makes me so mad.
I saw 4 cop cars behind my house last week. They were arresting someone by the park. I wonder if that was one of the gang members. I did see a ton of police cars in the neighborhood on Friday. I was wondering why. Now I know! I hope the gangs move out! I don't want that in our neighborhood!
That is SO scary, especially for you having a police man for a husband. Smart thing to go private. So sorry you (and all of us) have to go through this. Slowly but surely, this neighborhood is crumbling. I think 90% of people driving through this area would think it was so safe. Now where do we go...if we could ever sell our houses, that is!
Glad everything worked out so far though.
Holy scary! I heard about the gang fight through email and told Jeff about it and he laughed. He didn't think it would really happen. I will have to show him your blog for proof. I loved lynette's comment and totally agree! Maybe I should go private too if I am smart enough to figure it out:)
That is so scary! Good idea to go private...we need to do that too.
T
Yeah, I think we'll go private someday soon too!
I know that was so scary last week. Especially for you guys! I'm sorry you had to go through that!
I'm really hopeful, though, that this whole thing can be over once they get that family out of here. Maybe they'll leave now that they are discovered. I think our neighborhood is still nice and full of so many good people.
It was fun to read your blog again. I wish I had more leisure time to just sit and read my friends' blogs. I loved reading about Allen's Valentine's surprise. What a guy! And Ellie's tea party inspired me to do one soon with Millie.
See you soon! Maybe tonight!
Jen
that is crazy. glad you guys are safe (somewhat) and going private. please take care.
So scary!! I am glad you took your blog private, better safe than sorry. I feel better about mine being private as some weirdo from the Bronx left a comment about Bri being the prettiest ballerina he had ever seen and it freaked me out so I went private the same day. You just never know who's watching specially with your hubby being an officer lots of mean people out there who take things personal. I just hope we can get peace restored back to the neighborhood :(
Sorry you are having to go thru these scary times. Hope it is cleaned up soon.
Post a Comment