Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Luey Longfellow


Carson posing as Luey Longfellow

Carson would be so mad at me if I didn't blog about his friend Luey. The hotel we stayed in at San Diego had an outdoor pool, which was not heated. The kids really wanted to do swimming after spending the day at Sea World. While we were watching the Dolphin show, this guy "accidentally" fell in the water. So, we went to the hotel pool and Papa was pretending to look for something in the deep end of the pool with his rear end way up in the air...Carson picked up on the signal and ran up behind him and pushed grandpa Stan right in the pool. The next day they decided to go back out and go swimming again. This time as they were playing Carson noticed something in the pool filter. They went a little closer and Carson screams "IT'S A RAT!" Papa chucked it out over the fence right next to the side of the hotel lobby wall. Very classy joint we stayed in. This sucker wasn't very big, but that nasty tail was very long, hence the name. The next day as we were piling into the van to go to Lego Land Carson starts to take off his seat belt.

Me: What are you doing Carson?

C: I have to go and get Luey.

M: What?! We are not taking a dead rat to Lego land.

C: I am just going to put him in my pocket so he can go.

M: No way Carson, we are not bringing that.

C: Mom, he is part of the family now.

M: That dead rat is not part of my family and we are not bringing him. He's dead!

As we drive by he looks out the window with sad eyes and whispers, "sorry lil fella, I will see you when we get back."

So, about 3 times a day Carson and Papa would go check on the little fella and sure enough, he was still there every time. I asked my dad if he had told anybody that worked there if they knew it was there. "no, they'll eventually find him." Gross!


Poor Little Luey

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh my gosh, I would have totally freaked. I hate rodents!! Carson has a big heart!!

Nora Mair said...

Carson is a friend to everyone. It looks like you guys had a great time. Bet you're missin' Jet Blue now for a return trip neh?

sweet pickles said...

What a thoughful little guy.

Miles and Bex said...

I hate rats!!! Just looking at it makes me get the chills all over. Your trip to California looked so fun. My kids are wanting to go back so bad. We promised Taegs that we would take her to DisneyLand. Hopefully one of these days. You mentioned you had a bad month. I hope things are getting better. Loved all the pictures!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Ok that is sick! You had to show a picture! Oh my gosh!
Carson is such a sweet boy!

Tara G. said...

That's sick...!

ishybeanie said...

that is so a boy thing to do wanting to take a dead rat to lego land, so funny

cmshort said...

funniest thing I have seen all day. Every kid needs a Luey. Love it. Che'