Monday, December 17, 2007

This past week

We had another busy week. Tuesday was our wards Enrichment Christmas Dinner and Program. I was just put into the Enrichment activies committee and I volunteered to be in charge of the program. We have a lot of musical people in our Ward, but the secret is to find them, because some of them don't always want to be found. We had 2 amazing pianoists, 2 violinists, an oboe player and a flute player and then a group of singers. I really wish I would have brought a video camera. I narrated because as much as I love to sing...my voice isn't quite what I would like it to be. The program was a lot of work and then finding music that I liked and getting them all out to everyone and then trying to find times that work for everyone was pretty stressful, but I think the night went really well.



Friday was our monthly game night. Instead of just the girls the husbands came too. It was so much fun. We went to the Meyerson's and played Dance Dance revolution (Allen took 2nd place, only to Chad who practices everynight after work) and then we played Guitar Hero...I loved that game. I want to buy a gaming system and some of those guitars because my newest obsession is to learn how to play the quitar...I can see myself as a rocker...NOT! Thanks for hosting Meags!



Saturday we had an Ackerson Family get together at Allen's oldest sister Nora's house. For some reason Allen wrote that it started at 5:00 p.m. so when we went to pick the kids up at my parents around 4:45 we thought we were doing really well. The kids missed out on making gingerbread houses, but they loved playing with their cousins. We missed the Thackers in Michigan and Monica and Neil in Arizona.


Ellie, Bentley, and Carson waiting patiently for their turn to open their presents.


Carson and his nice shiner that Ellie gave him the day before. They got in a fight down stairs and he pushed her and she threw a remote control at him.

Uncle John brought a remote control helicopter and all the boys got at least one type of gun each (Carson got two). Carson was the first to shoot it down. Allen was so proud.

Grandma and Grandpa got Ellie a bucket of Ponies and accessories to got with them. Of course they were all tied up, so Grandpa sat with Ellie and helped her untie everything in the bucket. He was her best friend that day, except for Emma, who is her best friend from the Cabin. There was a total of 16 grandkids there (is that right Christy?) They played so well together up until the end when Carson got upset with Bentley for taking his toy and Carson lunged at him scratching his poor face.

6 comments:

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

Looks like you guys are having fun this Christmas season! Good job on the Enrichment activity...you go girl {are ya crazy?!?}. I just wanna know how I get in on the fun game night? I would love to see Alan doing dance revolution!

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a fun weekend you had!
What are you talking about, you have a good singing voice. I sat next to you in RS and it was so pretty!
Love that Ellie can hold her own!

Meagan said...

I'm so glad that you FINALLY blogged!! YOu can come over and play guitar hero anytime!! Come durring the day and we'll put a movie on for the kids and we can rock out!!:)
Enrichment was so wonderful, you did a great job!! It was very good!!

Sharon said...

We love Dance Dance Revolution! Hopefully we can play with you guys some time. Thanks for posting pictures of the Ackerson party, we really wished we could have been there. It looked like a blast. Have a great Christmas!

Nora Mair said...

It was a great party! Thanks for the smashing cheese ball. Sorry you missed out on Gingerbread houses. Shhh. The kids are so cute making their Christmas cheer. What a good idea.

Ute Family said...

I'm glad Jake and I could share in game night. You have now seem my true colors.

Thanks for inviting me to perform at Enrichment. You did a great job...everything turned out perfect.