We got together with some old friends and new friends and had so much fun. I was hoping that Allen would have the kids' swingset together, but he is working on it today instead. The Rollins and Ishiharas from our ghetto ward, the Johns, who moved out of our current neighborhood, and the Meyersons who still live in our neighborhood, and a new friend Kristin. It was lots of fun and Allen made these big juicy hamburgers that were so good. I love having friends over for BBQ's and it is even better now that we have a backyard and we can just lounge in lawn chairs, chat,and watch the kids play. 
Carson loves playing with old friends! I set up our alligator pool in the back and our golf game, but the boys prefered playing computer games and video games...what a different generation than ours. 
The girls playing in Ellie's room with her new pink walls. Way too pink! I bought paint from Walmart and that was a big mistake! I am going to have to redo all of it because it is really streaky. Ellie still loves it though.
Settlers of Catan...I won! What else needs to be said? I played this game a really long time ago, but I couldn't remember it. I guess I caught on eventually. Karen wants to play it for game night at her house next month, I think I can win again.
I love that I can keep in touch with some of my friends. One of my friends told me a long time ago that friends come into your live at certain times for a reason and then they move on or you move on. I think that is true for some friends, but it is great to have friends that you know will be eternal. (I know...cheesy, but I would never tell my friends this stuff in person!)
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Friends BBQ
Posted by Missy at 5:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Thanks for inviting us!! Tell Allen those were the best burgers EVER!! And I totally would have won had you not stolen my longest road!! The Carnie was fun today!!
I'm so sad I missed it! Your invitation got buried in my inbox. I'm so sorry! It looks like you had a blast!
Sounds like you guys had fun!! Thanks for those little people toys even though Jordan may be too young for them ken's sure likes them. Kylie also loved the game you let us barrow!!!Sorry about ken's again!!
settlers is my new favorite game we played it the whole time we were at Lake Powell, I won my fare share.
Thanks for the BBQ!! We had so much fun! Hopefully next time BJ will feel better, or I will make him drive his own car. So since you won technically that means I did too! Thanks again for the fun times!!
So you're catching the settlers bug, eh? Ever played "Cities and Knights"? Come, come to the cabin and play with us!
We are settler of catan fans. We play the city and nights version and it is so much fun. Good job winning but when we play over Christmas break I will beat you. Just a heads up. :) Fun BBQ.
Post a Comment