Monday, October 09, 2006

Church stuff

This last week has been really busy. Lots of get togethers at our house. Allen's Cub Scouts have weekly meetings at our house and this last Thursday it was raining, so they all ended up in the house instead of outside. It wasn't so bad, just load and stinky. That evening I had the Card Swap Focus Group at our house. I had such a hard time thinking of a card to make this month. I just could not think of anything. At the last minute I decided and then cut out everything for the girls to make. I am always so excited to see what the other girls come up with. Most of them say that they just steal the ideas, but I am sure they come up with their own cards.
Friday night mom and dad took the kids to Open Season, the movie, and then kept them for a sleepover at their house. Allen and I went on a date to the Ritz in West Valley(we had free tickets) and saw School of Scoundrels. We both really enjoyed it. It had Napoleon Dynamite in it, but it was a more serious role for him. We both rated it with a thumbs up. After the movie we drove through Scott's and each got a kay-sa-dea and shared some fries...how romantic.
Saturday morning we had a Primary Breakfast at our house and invited all the teachers. It was a really good turnout and we had plenty of food. Allen was in charge of the pancakes, I made Kim's famous German Pancakes, Jylaire made muffins, and everyone looked after the scrambled eggs. The Presidency each spoke on something different. I spoke on ways to keep the kids attention. I dread speaking in front of groups of people. I usually do alright in Primary, but if it is all adults I just freak out. I started talking to the group and I was sitting on the floor, mumbling and facing the opposite way so they couldn't really hear what I was saying. The point was to try to teach them that you don't do that, but I couldn't do it for very long because Allen looks over at me and gave me this disgusting look and told me that no one could understand what I was saying. I should have talked to him before hand and let him in on my plan.
That Afternoon we had four kids in our ward get baptized. I went to the first two with Monique and then Amy and Jylaire went to the last ones.
We are also trying to get our program ready for Sacrament meeting in November. We have the cutest kids in our ward. I pulled them out one at a time and asked them questions and they were all honest and said the first thing that popped in their heads. Carson told me a story about when he lost his transformer and prayed and Heavenly Father told him where it was.

1 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

The breakfast was yummy! I also thought all the cards were so cute. Way to be in charge of such an awesome focus group!