Saturday, July 26, 2014

What a week

Monday our neighbor's Melissa and Ryan brought down their trampoline to give us.  Ellie was thrilled!  She has been making slide shows and typing up presentations to show me of the many reasons we should buy a tramp for years.

Tuesday we took the Girl Scouts to Boondocks in Kaysville as our final Hoorah.  We played and ate then came home.  We all had a great time!  Before bed I looked out the back and saw that Ellie and her friends had left the backyard a huge mess.  Ellie and I went down to pick up and I thought I would show Ellie a few tricks I use to do when I was growing up.  As I went from my back to my knees on the tramp I felt a huge tear in my stomach on the right side.  My appendix burst!!!  or so I thought.  I immediately collapsed on the tramp and yelled at Ellie to not move.  I temporally passed out from the pain and then very slowly made my way off the tramp and upstairs.  Ellie ran to get the throw up bowl and I feared I was going to black out again.  After about 10 minutes I made a frantic call to Allen and the only words I could make out were 'Appedicts burst.'  He made it home in record time and drove like a wild man to LDS emergency room.  I think I need a punch pass there.  We were there for a few hours taking blood tests and a CT scan.  The CT technician took me back and started asking about my past health information.  She was concerned about my kidney creatine levels.  Oh crap.  My last nephrology appointment my levels were normal....like a normal person numbers.  That hasn't happened in years.  That was in October of last year.  Then I started imaging that it was my kidney's causing all the pain.  I do not want to have kidney failure again.  That was a very scary month.


Luckily, the CT scan came back normal. **breath normal now**  Everything else looked good.  Dr. Gilbert, the ER doctor, after hearing what I did to cause the pain, determined that I had strained my inner abdominal wall.  What?!  Sadly it was a let down for me.  Allen and my mom say I have a high tolerance for pain, so I figure it was a pretty bad strain.  They put me on morphine and zofran and then sent me home with Lortab which I have been trying to avoid.  Apparently it makes me a little slow and loopy. 

Wednesday was uneventful.  I doped up and slept most of the day.  I think it was good to relax the muscles. 

Thursday I did more relaxing and then we headed to my parents for a bbq and karaoke party.  Some of the boys met earlier and had a golf tournament.  I had signed up to play but after my trampoline incident I decided against it.  Carson won the furthest hit ball.  Tha ta boy! 
   
Somehow Sean and Tarah got Allen and I up to sing.  My dad has been trying to do that forever.

Friday came and we celebrated the life of a beautiful three year old named Garrett.  I will post just on that in a bit. 

0 comments: